How were you first introduced to an incarnation of this site

Introduce yourself to the community.

Moderator: Bmat

who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by who me »

you bet, he can be really sweet. just read the lady's thread.

Qray

Post by Qray »

I was invited to SV by some posters I was acquainted with some time ago at the aforementioned BBS called SciFiSites and BeyondTheRim.

And I bet they've regretted it ever since :twisted:

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Master »

One thing I really enjoy is that many of our posters have been posting here for many years. Its nice to have a dedicated community that likes to come back time and again. I think it shows that we are doing something right for our users :D

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

Well SV has a kind of newbie-friendly aura about it somehow, or at least that's how I felt about it. People were friendly and interesting, and there were many subjects to get into. And it's easy to use.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

When I first joined, I remember seeing Magus, Neuro and aldan posting and having fun together. They made me laugh so I followed them around. They were very friendly and helpful.

I'm curious as to why more members arn't posting. When I see the number of members we have here and how many actually post, it's strange that more don't join the party.

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Master »

I've never really understood why people make a username then never post. Some forums you have to register to read, but that isn't the case here. Personally I don't register for forums unless I have something to say.

In any event there always seems to be a lot of lurkers that don't post very much or even not at all.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Well hello mysterious Master ! It's always nice to see you !
:wink:

Benjaru
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Benjaru »

I hopped aboard because it looked friendly...and...GREEN!!

That is the one thing I liked better about the last incarnation; The color scheme.

I was searching for sites on fantasy writing that was about the time I became serious about writing a book. Anyway, I stumbled across SV, and was attracted to the friendly atmosphere that it exuded.
I browsed around a bit and made plans to sign up.
But, the tragic thing is, I did not bookmark the site after coming here the first time, and I could not remember the name. Fortunately, I came across it about six months later, and after dancing a jig or two, I signed up, and have been tormenting members ever since.

:rendeer:
You Dew, or you Dew not. There is no Coke.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Oh yes, the green was sooo cool, I loved the ambiance !

who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by who me »

i like it the way it is, maybe because I'm used to it.

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

you bet, he can be really sweet. just read the lady's thread.

:twisted:

Yeah, Master, I never understood those people. Why sign up and the not post? Why go to all of the trouble but then not reap the benefits.

Personally I hate sites where you can't read the posts until you join. How do I know that the site's even worth my time? Why go through all of the trouble if it's not worth it.

Yeah, I find that here most of the posts are done by a loyal faction of posters who have been around for a while, or who it's evident who'll be around for a while. Those are really the only people you need, people who want to contribute and stick around. Most other people, I find, are spammers or, as you have mentioned, lurkers who never really post.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Lurkers are fine. They read for a while and then post whenever they feel like it. I have done the same thing at other sites. I'll enjoy the threads, and then one day there will be something that I just need to say. Maybe the Lurkers feel that they will post sometime, and they want to be able to without having to go through the registration process when the post is fresh in their minds.

So Welcome, Lurkers! Jump in whenever you are ready!