How were you first introduced to an incarnation of this site

Introduce yourself to the community.

Moderator: Bmat

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Way Cool 8)

Yes some have disappeared, but new ones come along....

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

:smt052

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Yes, but there's no way to replace those lost. You can only fill a position. Instead, I'd suggest creating your own. That way the old position may remain unfilled in memory of the "fallen" and you may then create your own legacies here...
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

SirJill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SirJill »

Aldan, were you there for my two favorite SV quotes ever?

"Ideas are like armpits, everyone has at least two, and most of them stink." --RongFo

and

"Ultimate Evil is only an excuse for a badly written antagonist." --Gringoleader
"I want to sit down, every day at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember. And do the same thing--for the rest of my life."

--Johnny Can't Decide, Tick, tick...Boom! by Jonathan Larson

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

I must say that they are not familiar, so I would extrapolate from that that I may not have "been there" for those quotes before. I am now, of course, but those are two different times and things are now in a different context. It's always that way...
---Mark Twain

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Bread Butterbeard »

I found the site a long while ago looking for a writers group to help me with grammar and that was friendly and while SV meets all my exceptions and goes beyond time and time again I seem to have forgot to improve on my grammar, oops! One of the first people to talk to me besides Bmat was Aldan and he and, I think it was, the greentick gave me some really helpful advice on part of my outline I had submitted. Back then I was under the Sn Kren brother to Quinn Ravensword or something like it.

I have lurked here for two or three years posting rarely just enough to let some people know I was still around, haven’t had the time with a new baby and getting married on so on, which I could have explained to everyone but seemingly failed to do so, sorries! Whelp that’s how I came across SV and haven’t regretted or looked back since!

I made myself a promise to post more and be a active member instead of a ghost and so far I’m working on that part pretty well me thinks but then again thinking tends to get me into trouble..hmmm “looks around sheepishly and smiles”

Taith Ja’chim

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

I could never lurk around in the background that long. I couldn't keep my mouth shut for that long! :? Congratulations on your new baby! Look forward to seeing you around more. Don't be shy! :smt111

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Baaa! You're not looking sheepish!
---Mark Twain

Caltana
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Caltana »

Humm. I first came across Speculative vision back in 2002 I think it was, when I was at college. I posted on a semi regular basis but couldn't always post due to lack of internet access, or coursework or whatever, and then I've stopped by every now and then over the past few years going through university. Then when I started my current job a few months ago and got internet access again I decided to sign up to the new site and get back on SV full time. I must say, I've had more access to post on the site recently than ever before, which is a good thing. :) I've been on here and there just never enough to be noticed particularly in the past.
"Hell? There is no Heaven, there is no Hell, there is only this place, the Land Of The Dead, my friend..."
-Kevin Heinz Fischer-Oakley.

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Bread Butterbeard »

Thanks for the Congrad! And no worries I intend to fully be a part of this site instead of a lurker. "Lets out my best baaa and hopes that helps me look more sheepish and grins"

Taith Ja'chim
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends

data_strings
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by data_strings »

I ran a search on Google for some science fiction art, to see what was out there. Upon finding so many computer-generated images, I thought I'd join to get some technical help so that I can do such myself.

Also... why isn't my avatar showing up? I'm a little new here, and I did select one...

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Welcome to our wonderful site! :flower: Someone will get to you soon on the avatar thing. That's how I found the site too If I recall correctly.