speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

The toe in the water, the splash that follows.

Introduce yourself to the community.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

The toe in the water, the splash that follows.

Postby Alucadrian » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:16 pm

Salutations, all. I've spent a bit of time reading through the forums here, and this definitely seems like a good and decent community I'd like to join. So, you know, hi. *grins*

My name's Adrian, and like so many of the others here I'm an aspiring author who is finally getting serious about finishing his first novel. I'm 29 years old, and have wanted to be a professional writer since I was 11 but have suffered a kind of... consistent paralysis of the spirit, each and every time an opportunity came up to put up the real deal as far as effort and commitment go. If I've put the pieces together correctly, this definitely seems like a place where one such as I can request some feedback from like-minded individuals on snapshots or excerpts of my work in progress, and potentially benefit from the greater experience that the vast majority of you must have over my own.

But before I go diving selfishly into the whole "what you ladies and gentlemen can do for me" side of things, I'd like to spend some time just visiting, reading, and generally joining the discussions. If this community is truly as great as it appears to be from my outsider's, Orphan-Oliver-on-tiptoe-glances through the window, then it seems to me it would behoove me to make myself useful to it prior to asking it to be useful to me. *smiles* That's what my father would say, anyway.

So greetings, and warm salutations, writers and artists all. I hope to make some friends here as we go, and I'd very much love to meet some other writers who could use any feedback on their own work, as I'm more than happy to provide. *tips hat, smiles again* May 2013 be a year of long-anticipated accomplishment for us all, yes?
Alucadrian
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: The toe in the water, the splash that follows.

Postby Bmat » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:38 am

Hi, Adrian! Welcome to Speculative Vision! Best of luck on your writing goals!
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby The Master » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi Adrian! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work.
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Postby Ariel » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Sorry I'm late. WELCOME!!!!! :D
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Tiri3l » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi there, Adrian. I too am hopeful of finding some decent critiques on my work, and some meatier discussions into some of the more bookish side of things. What books do you like to read over and over again? I find that is a good judge of character really.
Tiri3l
Just Registered
Just Registered

Return to Meet and Greet