speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Hello from Kris the Bard

Introduce yourself to the community.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Hello from Kris the Bard

Postby KristheBard » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:10 am

I'm so happy to join your forum. I'm not from this dimension of the multiverse but I ended up here after many adventures. I was born in a town called Karo in the dimension of FirstWorld. I come from a poor background and grew up to be a cook.

I used to be the cook on a trading ship that sailed out of Karo. We were boarded by pirates and most of the crew was killed. Because I’m a coward and a weakling (and not a bad cook) they kept me alive. I was captured into a life of slavery. I was taken to a port far away called Cap Ghir, which is linked to an inland city called Taruwdant. Cap Ghir was the hub of a pirate organisation; masterminded from Taruwdant by a man they called The Wolf. It turned out that The Wolf was Weylyn the Wolf, one of the few remaining wizards in FirstWorld. Wizards were put on FirstWorld by the creators to guide the human race. They serve a concept called the Balance. I’m not sure whether the Balance is a God or just a philosophy. In any case, it’s supposed to provide a middle way between outright Law and total Chaos, which are in a constant battle for dominance in the multiverse. Originally, there was a single universe existing in a linear timeline. However, an event occurred that was so paradoxical that Time could not withstand it: the sundering. At this moment, the multiverse was formed. The multiverse is made up of alternate realities based on the common starting point. Theologians argue about whether the multiverse is finite or not. Personally, I can’t see what difference it makes, but those who are wiser than I am say it does. At any rate, there are so many dimensions that the multiverse might as well be infinite. I digress from my story. Weylyn had been turned to evil by the Dark God, Gadiel, and he was intent on conquering all of FirstWorld and setting himself up as absolute ruler. To do this, he had to take the city of Elannort, at the centre of which stands Melasurej, otherwise known as the Wizards’ Keep. Melasurej is a special place, because it was built by the creators. It is a place of peace, harmony, and balance. There are echoes of Melasurej in the other dimensions, but nowhere as strong as here. FirstWorld was the original universe, from which all other dimensions of the multiverse were formed. Weylyn raised an army and conquered all in his path until he arrived at Elannort. After capturing the city, he faced Manfred the Magician, last of the true wizards, at the gates of Melasurej. There was a great struggle between the two wizards, which resulted in Manfred’s staff being broken. Manfred was cast to the ground and was about to be killed by Weylyn. It was then that I saved Manfred’s life.

I had better explain how I managed to be there, observing this momentous event. I had been slaving in Weylyn’s kitchens in Taruwdant when I was picked out by one of his lieutenants to undertake a special task. They did something to my mind, to make me obey them. They sent me to attend a meeting at Melasurej and to find out about a Hero and a Sword. There was an ancient prophesy that said a red-haired boy – a manifestation of the Everlasting Hero – would come forward to claim his Sword and defeat the forces of evil. Weylyn was very worried about this: rightly so, as it turned out. The Everlasting Hero was created to counter balance the great evil. His Sword, now called Kin Slayer (because of its unfortunate habit of indiscriminate killing, including friends and family) was created by the elves and the dwarves as a weapon of the Balance. The elves and dwarves were put here by the creators. Humans are the natives of this planet. The Sword had been used, once before, by the hero Gilgamesh. He had died defeating Gadiel’s previous attempt at FirstWorld domination. The Sword was not powerful enough to kill the Dark God, but it did put him out of action for a long time. Manfred had found the Hero – a young man called Simon Redhead – in another dimension of the multiverse (a place called Melbourne in the middle of the 21st century). He brought him to FirstWorld and then sent him off, with some friends, on a quest to find his Sword. He was successful. Manfred had also unlocked the secrets of a time portal, provided by the creators, at the top of the High Tower in Melasurej. He sent Simon back in time, to the point of the sundering. It was the interaction between Simon and another incarnation of the Everlasting Hero that caused the sundering.

I have told you too much already. The full story is in Quest for Knowledge which is Volume 1 of the FirstWorld Saga.

KtB
KristheBard
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: Hello from Kris the Bard

Postby The Master » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:18 am

A fun introduction! Welcome to SV.
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Postby Ariel » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:24 am

Quite the interesting introduction. WELCOME! :D
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby KristheBard » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

My first book "The Search for a Legend" is available for free from www.FirstWorld.info. Hope to see you there.

KtB
KristheBard
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Bmat » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:48 pm

Welcome!
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Return to Meet and Greet