speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Waking up

Introduce yourself to the community.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Waking up

Postby Zelanar » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:14 pm

On the darkening of a new day, when the sun has yet to break the horizon is where my story begin. Waking up camped under what i i guessed was an elm tree, tall and majestic it rose above me. I looked around to see nothing but the forest. Trees in all direction, the distant howling of a wolf the only sound aside from the wind. Sitting up with my against the great elm behind me I rub my head, feeling the lump that must be part of the reason I'm lay here in the cold.

Attempting to stand up sends my head spinning so i rest leaning against that tree. I search the pockets of the hoes I'm wearing, all i find is a small key and a scrap of paper with 4 words written on, "Only the fallen stand". The words on the slip of paper have no meaning to me what so ever. I slip it back in to my pocket and close my eyes for a minute. Time slips by slowly and I started to realize how cold it is out here. Clearly who ever left me here was not all that friendly... or my brother's sense of humor took a real dark twist.

Sitting at the base of the elm I wait and listen until I have the strength to stand. None of the sounds I hear are all that uncommon for a forest; Rustling leaves, noise making animals and the slow rise and fall of my own breathing. Some times passes and the sun has Started rising. I look up at it a new hope rising in my chest.

I push myself to my feet, I have no idea where I am, how I got here or who I truly am. Only small memory's coming back to me, the odd family member, the occasional remote place. Looking back at the rising sun I make my first decision of the day. What ever happens I should be able to find civilization, people who can help and guide me through this strange land i've found my self adrift in.

This is how my story begins. Or is this the end of my line.

Either way new friends are the best way to start.

My Name is Zelanar and this here is my new home
Zelanar
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: Waking up

Postby Bmat » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:44 pm

Well come, Zelanar! Your message is strange, indeed. I wonder what it can mean?
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Zelanar » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:32 am

Why thank you. I felt it would be a more interesting introduction than "hello" and being interesting is a better way to make new friends.
Zelanar
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Bmat » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:03 pm

A fine introduction.:) I would guess that you are a writer?
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby The Master » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:03 pm

Fun! Creative is always interesting.

Welcome to SV :)
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)