speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Hello from Germany!

Introduce yourself to the community.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Hello from Germany!

Postby kingbtd » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:09 am

Usually I lack decorum and etiquette, but I'm trying to be a better person, and so now I'm taking the time to properly introduce myself. I'm an expat American living in Dresden, Germany and I have lived in China, Czech Republic, Holland and perhaps elsewhere, but my memory is, at this point, fading into greys. I used to play in punk bands in the Chicagoland and Upper Midwest areas in the late 1970s thru the late 1980s (Negative Element, Happy Toons and even for Life Sentence for a short stint), and I rode my bicycle across a number of Continents in 1990s. I studied philosophy along the way in the USA and Germany, and I've taught at University level. I've created, with the help of Garlic, a metaphysical model to quantum physics (that is packaged in a memoir narrative) and it can be found in the book, "Mereology: The Origins of Garlic Cures and the Art of Telling a Tale of Ragout." You can buy it at birddogbooks.com or I can send you an electronic version for free. But that's not why I'm here. I've written a number of Speculative Fiction books and my most recent book, "The Chum Chum Chronicles: The Unnatural Materialization of Jane," wants to be read by people who like speculative fiction (think of Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett or Phillip K. Dick speculative fiction). I'll soon be posting the first few chapters and if they tickle your fancy, I'll be more than happy to send you the entire book (e-version, of course). Feel free to criticize, praise or ignore it! It's all good.

I look forward to reading some other works here as well!

Cheers,

Keith Lyons
Last edited by kingbtd on Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
kingbtd
New User
New User

Re: Hello from Germany!

Postby Bmat » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:41 am

Hello, Keith!

Welcome to Speculative Vision!

Pleased to meet you!

The Author and Artist Announcements forum would be another good place to post about your works. :) viewforum.php?f=44
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:57 am

Welcome to SV. I hope to see you around the forums king
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Ariel » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:13 pm

My apologies for being so late in welcoming you to S.V.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Meet and Greet