speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Remember Me?

Introduce yourself to the community.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Remember Me?

Postby Neurolanis Returned » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:47 am

I heard recently that SV was down and was VERY glad to hear it got back on again! I have so many memories on this site, I would hate for it to vanish! I'm not sure how many of the old gang are still around but HELLO to those who are! :D

My life has been quite hectic lately but I finally have a comfortable job and a nice apartment and am returning to writing. I have gone into self-publishing in recent years and have four books listed now. I am currently working on a comedy and I am very pleased with it so far.

Hope you are all well :!:
Neurolanis Returned
New User
New User

Re: Remember Me?

Postby Bmat » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:08 am

Neuro!

Glad to see you!

Congratulations on your books. There is an artist and author announcement forum here now where you can advertise and give links if you like.

I have some extended family worries, but otherwise have been doing fine.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Neurolanis Returned » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:27 am

Glad to see you are still here and glad to hear you are well, Bmat :) Yes, I might look into that. I listed a website of mine here once, a while ago.

As for me, I almost became homeless but thankfully I received the help I needed in time to get a new place. Long story, but I'm fine now :D
Neurolanis Returned
New User
New User

Postby Bmat » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Oh my. I am sorry to hear you had such a rough time. And glad that things are looking up now.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Ariel » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:24 pm

Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in! LOL Glad you finally made it Honey!

B'mat, I'm sorry to hear you have worries with extended family members. I do hope things turn out ok. You can PM me or send me an e-mail anytime.

How is The Master?
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:03 pm

Neuro glad to see you. Other then Ariel Bmat and myself I know Boikat and Asp still show up every now and again but it's been pretty slow here of late. The site being down scared the hell out of me. What is your book titles I would like to give at least one a try. How long you planning on sticking around?
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Ariel » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:21 pm

Talon, Neuro was telling me he would like to post more here. Besides working, he got addicted to some online game, so we shall see. LOL

The site being down scared the hell out of me too. I was in shock! It sure was nice to see the site didn't die. Whew!
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:57 pm

That's good he does it will be great seeing some old faces around here again it is starting to get lonely lol
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Neurolanis Returned » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:57 pm

Great to see you, Talon! Are you still writing? The site has indeed been slow, I can see. I would like to post more regularly again. Maybe not every day but every couple of days at least. Maybe we might get things going again :) SV has a strong sentimental value to me and there were so many good people here as well.

Well, I have four books on, each one better than the one before it, I believe. However, I feel that my writing was too pretentious, that I was trying too hard to be taken seriously as a writer. My life has changed since my last book and my whole outlook of the world. I've been working on a comedy story about a gourmet restaurant and developing some other funner ideas. If you're curious to see my books you check them out here: https://www.amazon.com/Gregory-Alan-Burhoe/e/B00OX557CY

The picture is me, of course, taken by my sister :)
Neurolanis Returned
New User
New User

Postby Talon Sinnah » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:02 pm

I will be sure to check it out. Right now I'm getting ready for work lol

As far as my writing it's slow right now I'm ashamed to say but I am slowly getting back into the habit

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Neurolanis Returned » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:07 pm

btw, I lowered the prices of my books to 2.99, it just might take a little bit for the price to come into affect. I never noticed a difference in my sales whether I priced high or low but at this point I just want to encourage people try them by keeping them at a low price. Also, I am not as happy with the books as I used to be. However, "Sick Nick" is still a good piece of literature in my view. It just doesn't seem to attract readers though.
Neurolanis Returned
New User
New User

Postby Neurolanis Returned » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:08 pm

That's cool. Life is very distracting. I was seriously into self-publishing and then my life took me away from writing for a while.

I have to head off for work too lol
Neurolanis Returned
New User
New User

Next

Return to Meet and Greet