speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Friends of ALDAN

A memorial tribute to the poetry of Aldan.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Re: Friends of ALDAN

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:25 pm

Thank you Jen for sharing this tragic news with us, I considered Aldan one of my greatest friends here at S.V... I cant believe he is gone... My prayers are with him and your family, if there is anything we here at S.V. can do let us know I am sure we will all do whatever we can.
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Llew » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:33 pm

Oh crap. That's the second man I know to die before his time, both with a life in front of you. Neither of you deserved your lot.

You will be missed, my friend. :cry:
“I Speak Spanish to God, Italian to Women, French to Men, and German to My Horse” - Charles V, King of Spain and Holy Roman Emperor, 1500–58
Llew
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby JBinCa » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:52 am

I would like to thank each and every one of you for replying to the news of my brother. I just wanted to let whoever know of his passing, but the number of posts is more than I expected. I have shown this site to other family members and they cannot believe it as well. So again...thank you all. We're so grateful we've been able to save several poems he posted on this site to keep as a remembrance of his creativity and time with us. The loss has been hard on all of us since it was so unexpected. It's hard to imagine our family without him at this time. The hardest part right now is learning how to adjust to his absence.

Many thanks for your condolences,

Jen
JBinCa
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Ariel » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:48 pm

We can't thank you enough for coming here in your grief and sharing the news with us Jen. Scott will remain in our thoughts and hearts. Much love to you and your family :hug:
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby FantasyMan » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:57 pm

I'm am deeply shocked and saddend to hear this. Aldan was my friend and spell checker. He was a great part of our community and it will not be the same with him here.
"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

R.I.P Aldan we know now, that you are in a better place
FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby The Master » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:53 pm

I wanted everyone to know that another of Scott's sisters, Tina, has contacted me. I know that many of you were aware that Scott was diabetic, and she revealed to me that Scott's passing was indeed due to his diabetes.

She thanked us for our heartfelt support and for the friendships Scott had here. She relayed to me that being able to read Scott's poetry has made her appreciate his talent in ways that she never had before, and that she is very grateful for the legacy he has been able to leave via his written words.

For those that might be in Southern California:
There will be a graveside service in Garden Grove, CA on Saturday, September 13th at 11 a.m. at Magnolia Memorial Park. If there are any of you in that proximity who would like to attend, the family would welcome your presence. Time will be given for individuals to share thoughts of Scott.

Thank you again for all of your wonderful tributes to Scott. They mean the world to his family, and they have given us a piece of Scott that was missing from his lives. Scott's avatar did look very much like him, so thank you for "retiring" it.
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Previous

Return to Theatre of the Mind