speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Extraterrestrials By Kenneth Eng

Promote your latest works here! Press releases or just bragging, this forum is open to your announcements. Note: Only direct linking allowed, no affiliate program or other redirects.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Extraterrestrials By Kenneth Eng

Postby Kenneth2 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm not sure if this counts as spam, so feel free to delete it if it is.

I'm Kenneth Eng, the sci fi novelist. I'd like to let everyone know about my latest novel, Extraterrestrials. It's a story in which all of the characters are aliens. None of them look or act like humans. More importantly, it is a realistic portrayal of what real aliens would be like.

Here's the link on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Extraterrestrials ... B006W1D2Y2

Any new fans would be appreciated.
Kenneth2
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: Extraterrestrials By Kenneth Eng

Postby Bmat » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Welcome to Speculative Vision!

This sounds like the kind of book that would interest me. I like aliens who have a logical reason for looking and behaving as they do. Jame White did a good job of this. Thank you for posting, and best of luck to you with your writing.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Kenneth2 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Thanks, Bmat. The reason I wrote this book was because I was always annoyed ever since I was a child that aliens always looked human. To a squirrel, a Klingon and a human would look identical.
Kenneth2
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Asp Zelazny » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:03 pm

I'm not completely sure about that: while a human would resemble an almond, a Klingon would be far more remininscent of a walnut. It really depends upon what's important to you.
Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bmat » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:47 am

I've read many SF books where the aliens are non-humanoid. Aliens who were wheels, who had three limbs instead of two. It is because of limitations that TV and movie aliens have been humanoid, which exceptions of course (the Horta). Now that CGI is so popular, we'll likely see aliens less like actors in an alien suit or less with the general human body type.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby The Master » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Yeah, you can't go by TV and movies. Even Farscape, famous for its Henson puppetry, had mostly humanoids because a person has to be under the makeup. I did appreciate that Star Trek TNG did an episode to give an explanation why most species were humanoid. It shows the depth to which Star Trek has gone to present a complete universe...even if most of its science is just technobabble nonsense.
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Return to Author and Artist Announcements