speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Spider-Man 3

Seen a great movie or video lately? Heard a juicy rumor about an upcoming release? Share your reviews and thoughts with us!

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Spider-Man 3

Postby The Master » Mon May 07, 2007 10:50 pm

I saw Spider-Man 3 today and have to say that I'm rather disappointed.

Overall there are way too many plot lines going on in this movie. We have three main villains, a major subplot with the black suit, another major subplot with Peter and Mary Jane's relationship, and bizarrely enough a handful of minor subplots floating about. Its like they had several ideas on which sequel to do and finally said "lets do them all at the same time".

In the end the story jumped around so often that I never got fully invested in any one particular plot element so all I was left with was the eye candy action sequences.
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Postby Spiderkeg » Tue May 08, 2007 7:29 am

I liked the movie. However, I have to agree. I saw the midnight showing, and felt the movie's plot to be a bit disjointed. In light to how much money the movie made, though, I wager they'll be making a 4th installment. This would be the only way by which Raimi could reinstate his reputation. A 4th movie could answer those questions left floating about, clear up some issues from the 3rd, and (hopefully) ultimately give better closure.

The ending didn't give enough closure. Thankfully, Raimi and the actors have state that they are indeed curious about a 4th installment... should this one do enough business.
Spiderkeg
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Bmat » Sat May 19, 2007 12:57 pm

I haven't seen it. The reviews I've read about it indicate it is Spider-meh 3.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Re: Spider-Man 3

Postby davidhussey » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:32 am

Spider man 3 is no doubt another visual feast, even more brilliant than the second film. You know, more characters and scenes, more challenges. They make Sandman really incredible, which must be one of the most difficult parts in my thought. Hit as a man, flow as sand. The final two-vs.-two fight is absolutely huge.
davidhussey
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: Spider-Man 3

Postby ishamehta93 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:33 pm

I see this movie ..i think its no so cool like ....The enemies are so dangerous and well made ......super movie :D
ishamehta93
Just Registered
Just Registered

Return to Movies