X-Files 2

Seen a great movie or video lately? Heard a juicy rumor about an upcoming release? Share your reviews and thoughts with us!

Moderator: Bmat

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

X-Files 2

Post by Dark Knight »

"X-Files" stars and crew reunite for secretive sequel
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Fans of "The X-Files" no longer have to rely on Internet rumours to seek the truth about a sequel to the 1998 movie based on the popular TV series
On Wednesday, Fox announced production will start December 10 on the sequel, which reunites the show's stars, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. The studio also picked July 25 as the U.S. release date.

Series creator Chris Carter will direct the still-untitled film. Carter also co-wrote the screenplay with "X-Files" veteran Frank Spotnitz. The duo also are producing. Shooting will take place in Vancouver.

The studio is staying little about the film's story line. All that is being revealed is that it is a "supernatural thriller" and that the movie will take the complicated relationship between FBI agents Fox Mulder (Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Anderson) in unexpected directions as Mulder continues on his quest for the truth and Scully remains inextricably tied to her partner's pursuits.

The July 25 release date would put "X-Files" up against "Step Brothers," a comedy starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly, and an untitled comedy starring Ice Cube.

Fox's "X-Files" ran for nine seasons, ending in 2002. The first feature film, produced by Carter and co-written with Spotnitz, grossed $187 million worldwide.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
from http://nz.entertainment.yahoo.com/071101/5/29cb.html

:D

Watch all nine seasons.......

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thanks: :drunks:

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I am a HUGE X-Files fan! (Go figure, huh?) :lol:

Whoo-hooo!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

What year is it going to be released though?? :shock:

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Neurolanis wrote: What year is it going to be released though?? :shock:
your so excited you missed the date....
The studio also picked July 25 as the U.S. release date.
Of course it does not say the year, but I assumed it was next year....

But I did a check on the net...just to make sure...

yea it is 2008

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

your so excited you missed the date....
:lol:

Woo-hooo! Next summer we'll also be seeing the Dark Knight move featuring the Joker! I haven't been so excited about upcoming movies since the LOTR films (oh, and also the Revenge of the Sith. Although it wasn't that great.) :D

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

I saw it advertised! Looks like the familiar actors do star in it after all! For a while it appeared that it would be a an earlier story of the characters leading up to before they met, unless the trailer is being deceptive with us... :scratch:

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Master »

I'm looking forward to it, but I have to wonder how strong its mass market appeal will be. When I watch reruns I can't help but notice how dated the show seems already...then I realize that's because its true heyday was 10+ years ago!

Good grief I feel old :(

Still, I think there is a solid enough fanbase to ensure the movie is a success. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Scary trivia: The first episode of the Lone Gunmen spinoff series featured a hijacked plane conspiracy with our heroes narrowly averting a crash into the World Trade Center. The episode aired six months before the Sept. 11, 2001 WTC attack.

SpookyKatie
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by SpookyKatie »

Woohooo!
Who wants to see the trailer?!??!?!?!

OMG! It looks like it's going to kick butt. I've like watched it 10 times already!
http://xfiles.com/
Iron Skirt Kate, SV's very own super villain.
Art is love, love is art **Up-Date**

And take that old dusty road over to my blog!

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

WOW! AWESOME! :D :cheers:

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

Guess this one is also in theatres now. It's getting a lot of negative reviews, but I have a feeling that I will enjoy it anyway. :)

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

I went to see this movie with low expectations, despite all its negative reviews, despite all the rather crappy films that get decent reviews while this was rated a poor film by many. But I have to say, by the opinions of myself and my sister who drove back and forth through pooring rain and roaring thunder yesterday evening to see the film, that it was much better than the average Hollywood movie; a solid production and a pretty good edition to the X-Files series (episodes and films.)

What it is is a mystery drama, not a mythological thriller like fans had hoped and some critics/reviewers had described it to be. It is well written, acted and directed, with fantastic music and photography, of course, to support it. It avoids the whole alien/mythology backbone of the series, but it is nevertheless compelling and emotional. It focuses on the things that matter to any great story -- character depth, a strong story to support it, and always a mysterious edge to keep you guessing and inspired. It works as a platform to encourage the viewers to open their minds, to keep the faith, and to believe in the as-of-yet undiscovered solutions to many of our complex and tragic problems. This is no little nugget of filmmaking, and it does stay with you after you've seen it.

That all being said, I can understand some people's disappointment. No aliens, no concluding or partially concluding the on-going mythology of the X-Files, and perhaps even worse the characters Mulder and Scully, whom we have grown to love, are no longer in positions of power or influence and instead are mere uncertain-minded assistants to the FBI in their task to save a woman who has been abducted. It is a film that non-X-filers would probably find mind-blowing but the actual fans would find same-old, same-old. But with expectations aside, as this film stands it is a pretty good film and I look forward to seeing it again. I highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys a good mystery drama!

(All the same, I do hope very much so that the next one -- and I BEG for another one -- will return to the mythology.)