speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Sam Raimi to direct Warcraft movie

Seen a great movie or video lately? Heard a juicy rumor about an upcoming release? Share your reviews and thoughts with us!

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Sam Raimi to direct Warcraft movie

Postby The Master » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:37 pm

Blizzard has announced that Sam Raimi will direct an upcoming live action movie based on the Warcraft series of video games. It will be a Legendary Pictures/Warner Bros co-production.

No details about cast or plot have been released yet.
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Re: Sam Raimi to direct Warcraft movie

Postby HanaKhan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:12 am

wow this is gonna be a HUGE hit! thats for sure. hope they wont disappointment like any other game based movie. I hope not since wow has a good story line. :|
HanaKhan
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Spiderkeg » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:51 pm

If Raimi is a fan, this will turn out well. If Raimi isn't a fan, and neglects to do any personal research, this movie will turn out terrible... *cough* Spiderman 3 *cough*

If this movie, as epic as the extended backstory of the franchise, involves characters fans are familiar with than this will be an immediate hit. However, if this story breaks away from the ongoing timeline and tries to tell a "new and unique" story, than much of the fans will be greatly disappointed.
Spiderkeg
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby FantasyMan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:00 pm

Love Warcraft, however I don't know if I am a big enough nerd to bring myself to go and see this when it comes out... If I do, it will most likely be with a bag over my head haha. :mrgreen:
"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

R.I.P Aldan we know now, that you are in a better place
FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Qray » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:28 pm

It has the potential to either turn out like utter smeg like the "Wing Commander" movie did, be exceptional like Lord of the Rings, or somewhere in-between like the ever awful Dungeon and Dragons movies.

With Rami directing, hopefully it'll end up being between D&D movies and LOTR.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.
Qray

Blog: View Blog (49)

Postby Spiderkeg » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:00 am

Well it's official, Sony has slammed down the hammer and Spiderman 4 is no more. Raimi and Sony couldn't come to an agreement on a script dispute, so Sony canned the whole project and has, claimed, to aim for a reboot in 2012 with a whole new director, cast, and crew. I don't know what the hell that exactly means, but a reboot is either a new new re-envision (ala The Incredible Hulk) or create Spiderman 4 without the original cast and hope nobody notices. Wow... that's some kind of stupid.

In any case... looks like Raimi's schedule just got free.
Spiderkeg
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby parkerwilliam » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:01 am

I m your fan Sam Raimi. Did you notice that two big names are collapsing :alien: with each other. I mean Sam Raimi and Warcraft and the result is super duper hit.
parkerwilliam
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Theoballd » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:44 am

If Raimi is a fan, this will turn out well. If Raimi isn't a fan, and neglects to do any personal research, this movie will turn out terrible...

That isn't even true. If Raimi is a fan and Blizzard is just kind of letting the rest of the production go, it could still end horribly. What if Warner Bros wants to change major elements of the story? I'm reminded of Universals aborted attempt to make At the Mountains of Madness (the Lovecraft novella). Universal wanted the movie to have a happy ending and a romantic subplot. del Toro said no, and the production was cancelled. They later re-accepted, but it was re-rejected when del Toro told them he wouldn't make it PG13. Same thing could happen, but with Raimi bending over and taking the terrible changes.
Theoballd
New User
New User

Return to Movies