speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Starwars, Episode Seven

Seen a great movie or video lately? Heard a juicy rumor about an upcoming release? Share your reviews and thoughts with us!

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Starwars, Episode Seven

Postby waytanblee » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:39 pm

I was alerted to this by a housemate and thought it was a joke, then I saw it validated on facebook. George Lucas has sold Lucas Arts to Disney for 4 billion dollars. They plan now to release a Star Wars film in 2015! What exciting news!

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/30/3577 ... t_facebook
waytanblee
Site Regular
Site Regular

Blog: View Blog (5)

Re: Starwars, Episode Seven

Postby Supercollider » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:43 pm

It will be quite interesting to see what happens. I think I must brush up on the "canon" books in case the producers decide to use some of that material. I've heard that may not be the case; Disney may come up with whole new stories. In any case, let's just hope they are good.
Supercollider
New User
New User

Postby Bmat » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:51 am

I hadn't heard this. Thank you for the alert. It may be good- I hope.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Qray » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:57 am

I heard about this. The Disnification of the World continues.

I was actually hoping that they would make a new Star Wars movie based on the story in the KOTOR I game as IMO, it is a much better story than Episodes one through three were. We also know that Harrison Ford won't be in another Star Wars and I doubt that Carrie Fisher would be interested in reprising her SW role either. Recasting would be a horrible idea. So they will be left with perhaps Mark Hammil who is now in his 60's. They would have to do something not involving the original cast unless they are stupid enough to "reimagine" the franchise like Star Trek has been, but if they were stupidest thing they could possibly do. However, this IS Disney we are talking about.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.
Qray

Blog: View Blog (49)

Postby Supercollider » Thu May 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Here is a link to a site I found - don't know if it's super-reliable or just sort-of-reliable: http://www.starwars7news.com/ I'd be interested if others find it worth looking at.
Supercollider
New User
New User

Return to Movies