speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Gravity

Seen a great movie or video lately? Heard a juicy rumor about an upcoming release? Share your reviews and thoughts with us!

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Gravity

Postby The Master » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:49 pm

I just saw Gravity in 3D and it is and astonishing achievement on every level. The story is engaging in a way I never expected, the action sequences are truly spectacular, the performances are emotional and well delivered, and for most of the movie I was on the edge of my seat with my heart in my throat. I know not everyone likes 3D, but here it elevates the realism dramatically without becoming the star attraction.

This is a must see film, and unless you have some medical reason you cannot see 3D or something I urge you to view the 3D version because it will blow you away.
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Re: Gravity

Postby Bmat » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:09 am

Thank you for the recommendation. I get motion sick at IMAX, I would not be seeing the movie at IMAX however but in a small local theater. Do you think 3D would be a problem for me- scenes that make the viewer feel as though they are rushing forward, for example?
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby The Master » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:18 pm

Might not be good for you then because the camera does point of view things and there are several sequences when they rubberband around on tethers.
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Postby Bmat » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:04 pm

:( OK, thanks.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)