Star Wars: Ep.3, The Revenge of the Sith (SPOILERS!)

Seen a great movie or video lately? Heard a juicy rumor about an upcoming release? Share your reviews and thoughts with us!

Moderator: Bmat

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Star Wars: Ep.3, The Revenge of the Sith (SPOILERS!)

Post by Neurolanis »

The new one is looking really good! :viking:

Here's a link from the old Speculative Vision site that has a script that I believe is an early -- I hope, early!! -- version of the screenplay. From the scenes and behind-the-scenes stuff that I've seen lately, it really seems to check out. All it's missing is the Wookies! But BEWARE, for this is a very potentual SPOILER, and also that the opening scene is pretty horrid.

http://www.simplyscripts.com/scripts/SWE3_ROTS.html

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

I refuse to read. My willpower must remain strong. I WILL last until next month.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

I didn't realize it was that soon!!! Seems like I've been waiting forever. Wow. :shock:

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

I know, it's incredible. A couple friends of mine are going to have tickets for the first day. They're skipping school to go see it, and dressing up like Jedi and Sith. I don't care what they're dressed like, though. I would just like to go on opening day, but I doubt they'll be getting me a ticket.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146

Alaskamatt17
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by Alaskamatt17 »

As much as I love Star Wars, the last two episodes have been less than grand. I really hope Lucas pulls it together for this third one, but everything tells me he won't. I probably won't even go to this one on opening week.

Now, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, that's a movie I'm interested in. My friend and I are going to it the first showing they have here, and we're taking towels.
After a certain high level of technical skill is achieved, science and art tend to coalesce in esthetics, plasticity, and form. The greatest scientists are always artists as well.
-Albert Einstein

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

I actually enjoyed Episodes 1 and 2. I liked 2 more than one, but so did a lot of people.
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy does look very good as well. I think I will see both.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

I'd like to see both as well. :bounce:

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

You haven't seen them, Ariel? Well, I guess I've known many people who never even seen the classic films!

I thought the first one -- the Phantom Menace -- was not such a good film. I thought the first 20 minutes were horrible, then the rest was ok. Compared to the classic trilogy it was horred! (By my opinion anyway.) I felt the second one was better amd critics were too hard on it. Again, shallow when compared to the classic ones. But I thought it worked ok on its own. Not great, but ok.

Of course I'm realling hoping that this one is something sepcial!

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy,and the newest star wars, I havn't
seen yet and look forward to. :D

Dragonfleet
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by Dragonfleet »

I think they'll have X-Wings in this. That's all I'm seeing this movie for. :D

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

X-Wings, huh? Me more excited ... still ... :mrgreen:

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

That unpossible. We're all going to explode.