speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

New Doctor Who

Is Sci-Fi TV your passion? Come on in and discuss your favorite genre TV shows.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby RHFay » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:54 pm

I thought Martha was a bit flat when compared to Rose, and Donna's brief first appearance. It seemed as if Martha had potential, but was never able to live up to that potential. Martha seemed to mature as a character toward the end of the season, and I liked that bit about her. Unfortunately, it would have been nice to see more of that before her hiatus from the show.

I guess we'll just see what next season brings.
"I'm going to do what the warriors of old did. I'm going to recite poetry!" Andrew of Armar.
RHFay
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Dark Knight » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:58 pm

Still waiting for this season to end in NZ
Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby Spiderkeg » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:24 am

I'm having to get Season 3 through Netflix, and absolutely love what I've watched so far. I realize that Martha is only around for this season, she's the rebound girl for the Doctor. He was very much in love, or at least attached, to Rose.

I hope Rose and Martha get to meet, face to face, in Season 4. That would be beautiful.

Martha proves herself to be strong. I think she made a fine addition... though nobody will ever top Rose.
Spiderkeg
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Dark Knight » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:53 pm

I watched a "Weakest Link special" that had some of the actors from the show, and a number of Doctor Who questions were asked... I enjoyed it...

They had the dog K-9 as K-9...
Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby SirJill » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:50 pm

Oh, Dr. Who, I do love you dearly.

I really hope David Tennant doesn't leave. I mean, the ferret jokes are just too good. I'm also slightly in love with the technobabble then run combination.

Hmm. Martha vs. Rose. Well, I have to say my favorite episodes are the David Tennant + Rose episodes, but I do have a great attachment to Martha.

I kind of wish they'd bring Jack back, but then they'd have to take him away from Torchwood.
"I want to sit down, every day at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember. And do the same thing--for the rest of my life."

--Johnny Can't Decide, Tick, tick...Boom! by Jonathan Larson
SirJill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Spiderkeg » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:37 am

Looks like Martha will have left the show before Rose makes her appearance, towards the end of the 4th season. However, Rose might meet the 4th season companion, who is the same woman from the 3rd season Christmas Special. I'm not completely sold on this new girl, yet.
Spiderkeg
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby SirJill » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:37 pm

Argh. I don't like Donna Noble (played by Catherine Tate, from "The Christmas Invasion"). She's the new companion, and, after watching her introductory episode, I'd much rather have that character's grandfather--who was awesome--as the new companion.

Also, it seems that Rose might be coming back? What?

There have been rumors about Martha joining the Torchwood team, though, and I fully support that.

Full of spoilers,

Jill
"I want to sit down, every day at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember. And do the same thing--for the rest of my life."

SirJill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby RHFay » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:14 am

I actually liked Donna in "Partners in Crime". I thought the beginning was well done, and the reunion through the windows definitely utilized her talent as a comedienne. And, the fact that she wasn't pining over the Doctor, and actually made it clear she wasn't interested in him romantically, was a breath of fresh air after the dismal handling of Martha's unrequited love.

Having Rose as a love interest was bearable, just. Why did they have to go and try to do it again so soon after Rose? What they needed was a companion like Donna, a friend, a chum, a pal, a mate (no, not that kind of mate). Martha had potential, but it was pretty well wasted.

I think Donna is exactly what the show needs right now.
"I'm going to do what the warriors of old did. I'm going to recite poetry!" Andrew of Armar.
RHFay
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Dark Knight » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:26 pm

At the moment I am watching repeats of season one, while I wait for season four to start.
Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby SirJill » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:07 pm

Arrrgh, Data piracy. I have friends, they do bad things sometimes.

We've been struggling to find time to watch the first four episodes or so of the fourth season.

Ehm. Hmm. I'm not sure. Donna has 'crush' tendencies for the Doctor, and the writers have been leaning that way recently. I don't think it's just a character decision.

If that makes sense.

SirJill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby nisci » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:06 pm

Season four is well under way here in the UK. I must say, I am not a huge fan of Catherine Tate, she is a very popular comedy actress here in the UK, but her over-acting in doctor who cheapens the programme.

Cant wait to see Billie Piper back.

NISCI
nisci
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Dark Knight » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:10 pm

Still waiting, waiting for season 4, to start.....
Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

PreviousNext

Return to Television