NBC Heroes

Is Sci-Fi TV your passion? Come on in and discuss your favorite genre TV shows.

Moderator: Bmat

Spiderkeg
Site Regular
Site Regular

NBC Heroes

Post by Spiderkeg »

I am completely hooked on this show. Riveting, clever, well written. I genuinely give a damn about what happens to these people as I'm taken on this long ride of discovery.

Anyone else hooked on this show? Anyone have any cool theories?

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

I love the show too.

I can't escape the idea that Sylar might be female. I'm thinking it would be a real twist if the neighbor hanging out with Mohinder turned out to be Sylar.

I'm thinking Sylar is stealing the powers from those that are being killed and having their brains removed.

I'm wondering, when Peter is around multiple mutants, if he can only echo the powers of one of them, and how that's determined which one, or if he can echo any of them.

Heroes is repeated on SciFi Friday every week, and the first three episodes are being shown on Sunday (Not sure if SciFi channel or NBC) for those who want to catch up

Spiderkeg
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Spiderkeg »

Hmm, I'd accept the theory that Sylar is really Eden if there wasn't that recorded phone conversation with Papa Suresh and Sylar. A man's voice was used, so I'm sticking with Sylar being male for the time being.

I strongly believe that Peter's ability is to mimic the abilities of those mutants around him. Can you imagine having the other 8 characters on the show surrounding Peter, he would be Godlike. I suspect that Sylar has a power similiar, which could correlate why he is remove the brains of his victims. Perhaps these victims are mutants (dormant powers?) and he is harvesting their abilities for himself.

I love how every episode, so far anyways, has had a real twist and shocking ending. Hope the series continues to be full of surprises.

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

Spiderkeg wrote:Hmm, I'd accept the theory that Sylar is really Eden if there wasn't that recorded phone conversation with Papa Suresh and Sylar. A man's voice was used, so I'm sticking with Sylar being male for the time being.

I strongly believe that Peter's ability is to mimic the abilities of those mutants around him. Can you imagine having the other 8 characters on the show surrounding Peter, he would be Godlike. I suspect that Sylar has a power similiar, which could correlate why he is remove the brains of his victims. Perhaps these victims are mutants (dormant powers?) and he is harvesting their abilities for himself.

I love how every episode, so far anyways, has had a real twist and shocking ending. Hope the series continues to be full of surprises.
But doesn't Sylar's voice on that recording sound enhanced or altered to you? It doesn't sound like a real voice to me, which is probably the biggest reason I can't stop considering the possibility that Sylar is a female. Plus the attempt on the girl in FBI HQ seemed like a smaller build person.

Absolutely that is what Peter's power is, but, how does it work with mulitple "heroes" around?

When time got affected at the end of this last episode, I thought, "Oh Hiro must be on the train." What a surprise it was A confident, together Hiro"

Spiderkeg
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Spiderkeg »

Hiro, as a modern day ninja, was impressive. Obviously some serious events must have happened in the future for him to pull his *beep* together and really grow up. This show continues to impress me with every episode. I'm glued.

Jagged
New User
New User

Post by Jagged »

Spiderkeg wrote:Hiro, as a modern day ninja, was impressive. Obviously some serious events must have happened in the future for him to pull his *beep* together and really grow up. This show continues to impress me with every episode. I'm glued.
I love Hiro as well. He is a large part of why I watch the show. :D But I think it would be modern day Samurai as Japanese people tend to think of ninjas as assassins.

sindarella
New User
New User

Post by sindarella »

oooo! this show hasn't premiered yet in australia, but is coming soon. i've thought that it looked really interesting.... is it worth watching and getting hooked on?

:D

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Simple answer? Yes.

Hidden secrets below...

Sylar is a guy. He was captured the previous week, and then last week, he was shown in a sort of lockup. Oh, and what they did the cheerleader's acquaintances' memories is something I'd like an answer to (as in who did it and how?).
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

LadyFlame
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by LadyFlame »

Oh Yes, I'm diggin the show!
Last night, we watched 24, but taped Heroes and watched it afterwards.
I wish I had a special power! :smt045
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

Ambrose Redmoon

www.myspace.com/nanyanasummer

berry
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by berry »

Being a U.k gal I have had to download Heroes episode by episode as people upload them in the states. It is the type of superhero show I have been waiting for for years, it is intelligent, dark full of suspense and even a bit of comedy every now and again. Though I am wondering what sort of superhero power the Nikki/jessica character actualy has as so far it doesn't seem as though it's going to be on the hero side. Does channelling your dead sister count as a super hero power?
Outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx

TheDeeMan
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by TheDeeMan »

This show just keeps getting better and better. The gold standard of flashback origin episodes still belongs to the X-Files origin of the cigarette smoking man. But last weeks "Company Man" episode came damned close.

And finally on monday--Linderman. I can't wait.

Dee

Nautilus
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Nautilus »

Speaking of CSM, Mr. Bennet (aka HRG) is rapidly following in his footsteps after last night's events. Wonder what would happen if they ever met... :smt024

After such a long wait, ".07%" felt like a huge episode with quite a few character arcs coming together and the overall plot advancing nicely. I can't wait for the next episodes--especially next week's future trip! :smt026 :wallbash:

Potential side topic: I heard a comment from someone, who hasn't been watching much genre TV lately, saying it reminded them of B5 when it first aired and when it started its mythology. There's obvious differences, of course, but I'd agree. Any opinions?