Ultraviolet

Is Sci-Fi TV your passion? Come on in and discuss your favorite genre TV shows.

Moderator: Bmat

Chuffy
New User
New User

Ultraviolet

Post by Chuffy »

My wife & I have been watching "Ultraviolet". It's a British vampire mini series that I hadn't heard about until a friend lent us the DVD's. It's bloody brilliant. If you get the chance, watch it, you won't be disappointed. Unfortunately they only made 6 episodes. We've seen 3 so far and I already wish there were many more.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

I hadn't heard about it. What do you like about it?

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Bread Butterbeard »

Now there was a movie here in the states about a vampire chick named violet, any connection?
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends

Chuffy
New User
New User

Post by Chuffy »

No relation to the vampire chick in the States that I know of.
Umm, what do I like about it? Well it's good believable acting for one, the kind the Pomms do so well. The story line is intriguing. The vampires are modern day creature that don't necessarily want to kill all humans, rather they need them to help run their financial empire. Apparently it takes a lot of money to stay hidden from the sun light for centuries. They sometimes drive around in cars with heavily tinted window during the day, which adds an interesting aspect from the normal nocturnal blood sucker.
The heroes of the story are a team of special cops who know about the vampires & spend their time hunting them down with modified guns that feature video camera aiming (if you can see the person with your eyes but not with the camera then they are defiantly non-human) and graphite dum-dum ammo with is apparently the state of the art vampire killer.

Do yourselves a favour & seek this one out, you'll be pleased you did.

Qray

Post by Qray »

The movie Ultraviolet is based off of John Cassavetes's 1980 movie Gloria. Just set in a funky futuristic setting.

From reading through the reviews of the BBC series Ultraviolet, there seems to be a few minor similarities in plot (such as vampirism being the result of an infecton,) but there doesn't seem to be any relationship between the movie and the series.

I'm not usually big on vampire stories, but this one looks interesting. Thanks for mentioning it, Chuffy.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

Jagged
New User
New User

Post by Jagged »

I don't know about the series on the BBC, but do not watch the movie that came out here in the states. It's HORRIBLE, just god awful. I mean I can't really describe to you how bad it is. I mean, the action even sucks. Have you ever watched a movie that was so bad you wanted to take claw hammer to your head to stop the pain...yeah thats how bad this movie is. I'm not joking, after watching it I woke up for a week Screaming "WHY?!!" why make this movie. For the love of god why?

Chuffy
New User
New User

Post by Chuffy »

Yeah, that movie sounds hideous, but I can assure you it has nothing in common the the BBC series apart from the title.

Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Talon Sinnah »

Yeah the movie was horrible, Aeon Flux was on the same line. They tried to mix in an anime feel with both and failed very miserably.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-

dragon13writer
New User
New User

Re: Ultraviolet

Post by dragon13writer »

I think I have it on vhs. My mom recorded it for me while I was in college several years back. Honestly, I had trouble following the story and therefore was bored. I may go back and watch it again.
So many books, so little time.