The Sarah Jane Adventures

Is Sci-Fi TV your passion? Come on in and discuss your favorite genre TV shows.

Moderator: Bmat

Nomad
Site Regular
Site Regular

The Sarah Jane Adventures

Post by Nomad »

I am shocked that no one has posted anything about this Spinoff series. USe this thread to post you opinions on it.

http://www.thesja.com/dvd.htm

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Master »

Unfortunately I only saw one episode so far :( Maybe some folks can fill me in?

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

I haven't seen an episode of it yet, but I'm a bit leery after seeing how Torchwood turned out.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

I haven't heard of it. What's it about?

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

I was wonder that too

Spinoff from what?

As for Torchwood, well it might turn up one day in NZ who knows.

SirJill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SirJill »

I've really enjoyed what I've seen of Sarah Jane in the New School series. Also, the Season (four?) finale--the most recent one, featured her. And was awesome.
"I want to sit down, every day at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember. And do the same thing--for the rest of my life."

--Johnny Can't Decide, Tick, tick...Boom! by Jonathan Larson

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Well I got round to looking it up, so to answer my own question, it is another spin-off from Doctor who....
The Sarah Jane Adventures is a British television series, produced by BBC Wales for CBBC, created by Russell T. Davies and starring Elisabeth Sladen. The programme is a spin-off of the long-running BBC science fiction programme Doctor Who and focuses on the adventures of investigative journalist Sarah Jane Smith.
In 2006, Children's BBC expressed an interest in producing a Doctor Who spin-off. Their initial idea was "a drama based on the idea of a young Doctor Who", but Russell T. Davies vetoed this. "Somehow, the idea of a fourteen-year-old Doctor, on Gallifrey inventing sonic screwdrivers, takes away from the mystery and intrigue of who he is and where he came from," said Davies. He suggested instead a series based on the Doctor's former companion Sarah Jane Smith.

The character of Sarah Jane, played by Sladen, appeared in Doctor Who from 1973 to 1976, alongside Jon Pertwee as the Third Doctor and later Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor. A pilot for another Doctor Who spin-off series, K-9 and Company, made in 1981, featured Sarah Jane and the robot dog K-9; however, the option to make a series was not picked up. Sarah Jane and K-9 returned to Doctor Who in various media many times over the years, most notably in the 20th anniversary special The Five Doctors (1983) and in the 2006 episode "School Reunion".
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sarah_Jane_Adventures