So long, nerds! Syfy doesn’t need you

Is Sci-Fi TV your passion? Come on in and discuss your favorite genre TV shows.

Moderator: Bmat

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

So long, nerds! Syfy doesn’t need you

Post by The Master »

The Today show pretty much hammers SyFy for abandoning its core SF audience in favor of yet more wrestling (which takes over Friday nights with all the original SF series being moved to Tuesdays) and cooking shows.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36698985/ ... rtainment/

Qray

Re: So long, nerds! Syfy doesn’t need you

Post by Qray »

I'm done with SciFi Channel (or whatever they want to call it) and have been for a while now.

I haven't seen a new episode of Eureka in I don't know how long. I don't even know if the show is still on the network. Their programmers are too ignorant to put on actual science fiction episodes of shows like B5, Farscape, or Firefly. The only thing they've got is non-science fiction shows and crappy monster movies or horror flicks. None of which interests me.

Stargate Universe seems to me as nothing more than Lost set in space (but not Lost in Space, THAT would be an improvement over the smeg they're showing.)

I'm not interested in wrestling or any of the other non-science fiction shows they're showing. So...companies thinking of advertising on the SciFi Channel...you won't be getting my money, because since I'm not watching the network, I'm not seeing your commercials.

However, this does explain the question we had in the What's going on with the SciFi Channel? topic about why they were intentionally axing all the science fiction shows they had that actually got decent ratings. They needed the money to purchase wrestling. $30 million in fact.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

Starfire
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Starfire »

Scifi has it's up and downs. Lately I have seen more fantasy. They made a good choice of picking up Merlin from CBS. I also watch ghost hunters when I can get the tv away from my spouse and child. If they have a cheesy horror flick I just skip the channel.

Scifi channel was better in the 90's, but it seems to have gotten a few good shows in the past 6 months. I just hope they continue the trend of adding syndicated fantasy shows to their programing.

who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by who me »

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3njjD41f48&feature=related[/BBvideo]

oh yeah well we don't need you syfy
we will build our own science fiction channel with black jack and

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GnL1tncFSo[/BBvideo]

yes and any show we what will be available when ever we want it, that is right!
we have computers!