speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Space/Cryo-Sleep/Jeb? Scifi show from the 90s?

Is Sci-Fi TV your passion? Come on in and discuss your favorite genre TV shows.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Space/Cryo-Sleep/Jeb? Scifi show from the 90s?

Postby whoisJeb » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:51 am

I hope someone can help, I am trying to remember what this show is called and I don't have alot of info to go on...

from what I can remember I think it was on YTV (Canadian Channel) in the 90s, it was set in space, there was a crew that wakes up from cryo-sleep, I think and the only other thing I remember was the 'ships computer' or something to that effect was named something like Jeb or very close to that..

I know its not alot to go on, but I would be so happy if I can find out what its called or at least get some good leads on how to find out what it was I will be very grateful...
whoisJeb
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: Space/Cryo-Sleep/Jeb? Scifi show from the 90s?

Postby The Master » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:17 pm

I don't recall this show but is it Deepwater Black (aka Mission Genesis) which got a single brief season? One of the characters is named Reb.

Here's the opening of the first episode. Hi Dax and Seamus! Don't worry, the imagination of Gene Roddenbury has jobs for you after this:
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Postby Bmat » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:51 pm

Mission Genesis opens with a mystery: six (preposterously attractive) teens wake up from cryosleep to find themselves on a spaceship that’s under attack. After they fight off the attack, the ship’s holographic on-board computer, Gen, informs them that they’re clones tasked to execute the Deepwater project.

http://www.phoebenorth.com/2010/12/14/t ... never-saw/
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby The Master » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:48 pm

Looking for this and seeing that phoebenorth page reminds me that the 90's were really a golden age for SFF on TV. Yeah, some of it was utter crap (too heavily influenced by the cheesy...but affordable...production values of Hercules/Xena) but the sheer volume of genre shows during the decade is mind blowing.
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Postby whoisJeb » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:18 am

The Master wrote:I don't recall this show but is it Deepwater Black (aka Mission Genesis) which got a single brief season? One of the characters is named Reb.

Here's the opening of the first episode. Hi Dax and Seamus! Don't worry, the imagination of Gene Roddenbury has jobs for you after this:

Yes that was it, as soon as I read the name Deepwater Black I instantly recognized the name... Thank you, that would have drove me nuts.. until my ADD kicked in, lol.
whoisJeb
Just Registered
Just Registered

Return to Television