Jack O'Neill/MacGyver...It's obvious but I couldn't resist

Is Sci-Fi TV your passion? Come on in and discuss your favorite genre TV shows.

Moderator: Bmat

Jude Knox
New User
New User

Jack O'Neill/MacGyver...It's obvious but I couldn't resist

Post by Jude Knox »

I don't watch Stargate SG-1 that often but occasionally I will put it on when there's nothing else and I feel like it's a sci-fi night. On the other hand, I'm a huge supporting fan of MacGyver because I have never seen anything so simply ingenious nor anything so humanely ridiculous as that program before in my life. Now, I think Richard Dean Anderson is a good actor and apart of me watching Stargate, I think, is because I just want to watch Anderson in a role that separates him from his most infamous character.

Of course, every time Stargate is on and I watch Anderson act, I keep thinking, "it's not MacGyver...this time there ARE guns...loads of them...it's not MacGyver...there are no mullets to contend with...." and yada yada yada...on goes my mind. But one night stands out the most in my memory. I don't remember which episode it was because, well, I don't watch the show anyways and I'm just too lazy to remember.

But apparantly the Stargate crew were trapped backwards in time and they needed a way out before they remained trapped indefinitely (so goes the old plot). At one point, the crew looks to Jack O'Neill because he's their "profound" leader. In response, Anderson (in character) says, and I quote, "What? I'm not a scientist."

And all I remember afterwards is laughing so hard, I nearly fell off the couch. I screamed at the t.v. screen, "YOU'RE BLOODY MACGYVER! YOU'VE GOT TOOLS AND PLASTICS AND WIRES...FIX IT!"

That just goes to show you that some die-hard fans just can't let go of the notion that Richard Dean Anderson will always be MacGyver, whether on this planet or somewhere else.

And I say no more.

Your thoughts? Or if you just want to call me the lamest ubergeek in the universe, I'll be fine with that as well. I just want to read your reactions, if any at all, or if you've had similar situations.... 8)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/ ... cgyver.jpg
"Hand in mine. Into your icy blues. And then I'd say to you. We could take to the highway with this trunk of ammunition too. I'd end my days with you. In a hail of bullets."

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

:lol: :lol:

I don't watch MacGyver and only occasionally see SG-1, but your post is so funny I had to laugh!

Qray

Post by Qray »

There was an SG-1 episode in which Amanda Tapping's character was explaining to Richard Dean Anderson's character how they jury-rigged the Star Gate and says...

"We McGuyvered it."

Jude Knox
New User
New User

Post by Jude Knox »

You see what I mean?!!

MacGyver will never die. At least by cultural standards. Besides that, who HASN'T had a MacGyver moment? It's just a time in your life where you use quick-thinking skillz in order to craft something out of seemingly useless junk to use for your own benefit. Example: whilst staying over at a friend's house, my friend KG needed contact holders for her lenses because she forgot her own. And so, at three in the morning, the both of us were standing in our friend Lee's pantry, as KG tirelessly fashioned two lens holders out of aluminum foil.

Please to be respecting this great feat of ingenuity!

8)

I will never be as cool as my friend KG for pulling off something so elegant.
"Hand in mine. Into your icy blues. And then I'd say to you. We could take to the highway with this trunk of ammunition too. I'd end my days with you. In a hail of bullets."

lastone
Site Regular
Site Regular

They're also doing it in Atlantis

Post by lastone »

"Goodbye and thanks for the fish"

Jude Knox
New User
New User

Post by Jude Knox »

You're....AWESOME!!!!

And note: your signature is exceptionally elegant. :wink:

The people at Stargate just love doing that, don't they?

Nomad
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Nomad »

Duct tape RULES!

Manji
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Manji »

I'm still waiting for the episode when the Stargate breaks and RDA has to fix it using a paperclip, some bubblegum and a rubber band.
"Wait, you're telling me Jesus Christ threw up the horns?"-Tycho
"Yeah, man. jesus is F'in Metal"-Gabe

"The road to happiness is paved with a healthy nicotine addiction and aversion to clean air."- Niego.

Qray

Post by Qray »

Manji wrote:I'm still waiting for the episode when the Stargate breaks and RDA has to fix it using a paperclip, some bubblegum and a rubber band.

There was one episode in which RDA got the Ancients (the race that built the Star Gate) library of knowledge downloaded into his brain...he jury rigged a power source to boost the range the Star Gate using pieces and parts he found lying around the base. And in a similar situation, he beefed up the power the a cargo ship's "ring transporter" with a bunch of different bits and pieces.

No Victorinox knife though. Bummer that.

Eogan
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Eogan »

Couldn't let this thread go without sharing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRkexJ-MBCQ

dragon13writer
New User
New User

Post by dragon13writer »

OMG that is so awesome!!! Thanks for a great laugh.