speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Babylon 5: The Lost Tales

Still a favorite with many of our regulars, come on in and share your insights on this ground breaking series.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Sindatur » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:59 pm

I believe ComicCon is tomorrow (or maybe next week) since the disc has been in the top 10 sellers on Amazon for alot of days (I think it has only dropped as low as 30-35), I am hoping the DVD is pre selling enough that JMS may announce at ComicCon that the next disc has been green-lit <crosses fingers>. On Another site there is a girl who is going to ComicCon, so if the announcement is made, I will pass that info along to you all.
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Nomad » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:04 am

Nieve me. I had not thought about thye green light for other DVD's based on the number sold or even pre-ordered. Cool beans. Thanks Sin!
Site Regular
Site Regular

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Sindatur » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:08 pm

Nomad wrote:Nieve me. I had not thought about thye green light for other DVD's based on the number sold or even pre-ordered. Cool beans. Thanks Sin!
Yea, it's straight to Disc, so, really, there is no other test of profitability other than sales, although maybe good sales may also encourage a TV station to buy the airing rights?
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Nomad » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:13 pm

Nomad wrote:
Nieve me. I had not thought about thye green light for other DVD's based on the number sold or even pre-ordered. Cool beans. Thanks Sin!
Yea, it's straight to Disc, so, really, there is no other test of profitability other than sales, although maybe good sales may also encourage a TV station to buy the airing rights?
AND PEHAPS..get that movie or series restartsd!!
Site Regular
Site Regular

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Sindatur » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:03 am

Well, it seems nothing B5 related came from ComicCon, aside from the fact that the Script(s) for TLT would be included in the script books in some way, and also tow atch the boards within the next month(s) for further announcements, and the girl who reported back seemed to believe it was B5 related (though no guarantees there)
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Bmat » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:46 am

I had a routine emal from Amazon.com that my DVD had been shipped! :D :D
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Sindatur » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:48 am

Bmat wrote:I had a routine emal from Amazon.com that my DVD had been shipped! :D :D

Mine doesn't show actually shipped yet, but, shipping soon without option for changing or cancelling order. I think all Pre-orders should arive on street date, regardless the shipping method you choose, but, it looks like mine may not arrive until well into next week, which I'm not happy about since I ordered on Day 1
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Bmat » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:02 pm

The expected receipt date for my order is Aug.4, standard mail.

That is too bad, Sindatur. I am sure that I ordered mine after you had ordered your copy.

I'll tell you alllllllll about it. hehehe. :twisted: :twisted:
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Sindatur » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:20 am

Bmat wrote:The expected receipt date for my order is Aug.4, standard mail.

That is too bad, Sindatur. I am sure that I ordered mine after you had ordered your copy.

I'll tell you alllllllll about it. hehehe. :twisted: :twisted:

HEHE, it does show shipped now, but, I can't yet tell where from, if from Berkley, it should be here pretty quick with standard shipping, the estimated arrival dates are generally way exaggerated. I tell you though, I will never use "Super Saver Free Shipping" again. I bought a CD and a DVD, both in stock, and it took about a week for them to ship, and then another 3 or 4 days to arrive. Typically, if I order something in stock on a Sunday, with Standard shipping, it arrives by Tuesday or Wednesday.

I still say Pre-orders should always arrive on the street release date, though :D

Word has it, the Shirdan story is fairly decent, and the Lochley story is awesome (I've avoided any details though)
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Bmat » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:21 pm

Woohoo! Mine arrived today.

Thing is that I can't watch it until my husband gets home on Saturday.

I did take the wrappings off though, and opened it up to make sure the DVD was actually in there. I suppose that I should watch a little of it to make sure that the DVD isn't faulty...
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Sindatur » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:18 am

Well, I had it backwards, Lochley is the first story, which some people think was decent and others didn't really like it, and the Sheridan story is the second one that everyone seems to like.

I enjoyed the Lochley story myself (She totally channels Capt. Gideon, IMHO). It reminds me of an episode of the Haunting. The Sheridan story is definitely good, the Prince Regent character was very well done, and of course it's got Galen, too.

The memorials for Richard Biggs and Andreas Katsulas were heartwarming and sad, very well done (Although I really didn't need anymore crying this soon after finishing reading Harry Potter)
Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Re: Babylon 5: The Lost Tales

Postby Asp Zelazny » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:06 am

Late to the party as usual ... I ran across this DVD in a used book store and picked it up. Hadn't ever heard of it before.

It was nice to revisit the B5 universe again, and enjoy JMS's thoughtful writing and plotting. Liked the Lochley story, though I thought it was too reminiscent of many of the other B5 religion-oriented stories, and ... I never could warm up to the Lochley character; not back then, not now.

The extras on the disc were possibly the best part, though. Loved the sock-puppet trope that Straczynski used to mock the poor budget he got to work with. But you know, I'd watch new B5 stories with sock puppets if that was all we could get.

Does anyone know if any of the later projected DVDs were ever made? Couldn't find anything concerning that at Amazon.
Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Previous

Return to Babylon 5