Unresolved plot points?

Still a favorite with many of our regulars, come on in and share your insights on this ground breaking series.

Moderator: Bmat

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Unresolved plot points?

Post by Bmat »

At another site I visit, a member asked the following. I don't remember that they were ever answered, unless in the books?

1. We don't see what happens to Delenn when she is in Londo's prison. I am referring to when Sheridan jumps through time and finds himself in Londo's prison. Londo frees them both and then G'Kar strangles Londo. Why was Delenn in the prison?

2. What about the gift that Londo gives Delenn and Sheridan on Sheridan's first night on Minbari? The gift they are supposed to give their child on his 16th birthday. Londo's keeper tells him they will wait for years to pass. Well what happens when the kid is 16?

3. What happens between Lyta and Garbaldi and Bester?

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Re: Unresolved plot points?

Post by Sindatur »

Bmat wrote:At another site I visit, a member asked the following. I don't remember that they were ever answered, unless in the books?

1. We don't see what happens to Delenn when she is in Londo's prison. I am referring to when Sheridan jumps through time and finds himself in Londo's prison. Londo frees them both and then G'Kar strangles Londo. Why was Delenn in the prison?

2. What about the gift that Londo gives Delenn and Sheridan on Sheridan's first night on Minbari? The gift they are supposed to give their child on his 16th birthday. Londo's keeper tells him they will wait for years to pass. Well what happens when the kid is 16?

3. What happens between Lyta and Garbaldi and Bester?

Numbers 1 and two are pretty much answered in Book 3 of the Centauri Trilogy.

#3 is addressed to a lesser degree in PsiCorps trilogy Book 3, and Lyta's fate was supposed to the Crusade episode with the Flashback of Matheson to the PsiCorp bombing by the Red Haired prisoner. (She was supposed to be Lyta, but JMS and Pat Tallman couldn't agree upon a price for her work, so, we can't be completely certain it was still Lyta's fate, but, a brief mention in PsiCorps book 3 lends credibility that it wasn't changed)

The unresolved Plot points that irk me are the Apocalypse box in Cusade and actually the whole rest of Crusade, as well as the "Hand" in Rangers Pilot. I believe the "Hand" was a smoke screen of some kind

Nomad
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Nomad »

I do believe that for point 3: That is also a keeper. for Sheridans and Delenns son.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

I suspect that when Delenn tells John that their son is OK, in the prison scene, that it refers to the Keeper in the gift- that the son is free of it. Does this seem accurate?

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

Bmat wrote:I suspect that when Delenn tells John that their son is OK, in the prison scene, that it refers to the Keeper in the gift- that the son is free of it. Does this seem accurate?

Pretty much

Spoilers for Centauri Trilogy Book 3 (Highlight below)

He ends up getting the Keeper and runs off to Centauri Prime and John and Delenn follow him there. It's been so long since I've read the book, but, I believe they are able to cure to david of his Keeper (Maybe it's donor is killed?)

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Thanks, Sindatur!

Nomad
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Nomad »

Duh, thats why knew. I also read the trilogy. Enjoyed it. I shoyuld re-read...Hell, I should just start watching the series again frim the beginning (Hmm....Pun intented)

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

:lol: :lol:

Very funny, Nommy!

Yes, why don't you start from the beginning ( :wink: ). Then we can compare notes as we watch and reminisce.