Faulty DVD's

Still a favorite with many of our regulars, come on in and share your insights on this ground breaking series.

Moderator: Bmat

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Faulty DVD's

Post by Bmat »

I ordered the entire set of B5 DVD's when the price started escalating. Several of the DVD's, though, are faulty.

Season 2 has at least two episodes that cannot be accessed, and skips on 2 others. There are skips on other of the Seasons.

I ordered another set of the Season 4 DVD's since several on the set were bad, and the new set has at least two episodes, different from the bad ones on the old set, that are bad.

I've had experience dealing with Amazon.com before about faulty merchandise, so I don't feel that this is an option. And I think that it is pretty shoddy of whoever is making the DVD's to sell such a poor quality product.

Watch out if you decide to buy the set. If you can buy it from a seller who will guarantee it, and I can't recommend Amazon.com, then you may be successful in getting a good set.

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

I've never had any problem with returning to Amazon.com from Amazon themselves (Amazon marketplace, yea, had problems even getting ahold of anyone, but, Amazon, no problem). If you bought them from Amzon, I'd just go ahead and assemble myself a good set, and send the scratched ones back as defective.

Strange, so many people have said it took them several sets to get good ones (I guess the person packaging them doesn't seat them properly) but, all 7 of my sets (S1-5 plus the movies and Crusade) were all in fine shape, and when I properly seat them after watching, the next time I take out the set to watch again, everything is properly seated. I definitely count myself lucky.