G'Kar's enlightenment

Still a favorite with many of our regulars, come on in and share your insights on this ground breaking series.

Moderator: Bmat

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

G'Kar's enlightenment

Post by Bmat »

G'Kar had a vision in which he saw G'Quon. This turned G'Kar's life around, right?

Am I correct that the vision was guided by Kosh?

So G'Kar based his energies and life on an illusion?

RHFay
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by RHFay »

Even if G'kar's enlightenment was based on an illusion, the enlightenment itself was real enough. I actually enjoyed his change from a rather dastardly character to a more noble and heroic one. I never questioned the reasons, but then again maybe I still believe in "magic".

Besides, Kosh (the "real" Kosh, anyway) was a bit of a guide for the "lesser races". I always saw him as sort of a Merlin or Gandalf figure.

How many people devote themselves, devote their whole lives, to the various world religions? Believers in one particular faith might claim that those believing in another are believing in an illusion, but that doesn't lessen the power of the ideas to those that believe.
"I'm going to do what the warriors of old did. I'm going to recite poetry!" Andrew of Armar.

Qray

Re: G'Kar's enlightenment

Post by Qray »

Bmat wrote:G'Kar had a vision in which he saw G'Quon. This turned G'Kar's life around, right?

Am I correct that the vision was guided by Kosh?

So G'Kar based his energies and life on an illusion?
Well perhaps yes and no. Kosh as G'Quon inspired G'Kar to study G'Quon's teachings in greater depth and base his life more on those teachings. So while the catalyst (the vision) may be considered to be false, the teachings that G'Kar used to live his life on were very much not an illusion.

Just some thoughts.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.