Captain Cupcake?

Still a favorite with many of our regulars, come on in and share your insights on this ground breaking series.

Moderator: Bmat

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Captain Cupcake?

Post by Bmat »

Which character was Captain Cupcake? I remember there was some controversy about the name. :alien:

Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Re: Captain Cupcake?

Post by Asp Zelazny »

Had to cast around on the internet for that one (cf Urban Dictionary on "Captain Cupcake", and a lot of smarmy stuff re: the Hostess Co. bankruptcy); but what I could find was that Captain Lochley was given that nickname by the B5 fans, not in the show. And when she showed up on Crusade, the hating got even worse. Overall a not very well written character, and a poor substitute for Ivanova.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Thanks, Asp. We are watching DVDs of Crusade loaned to us by some friends. When she walked on, the words Captain Cupcake leaped into my mind. But what was Sheridan called then.. he had some kind of nickname that fans gave him?

Crusade, by the way, is just as bad as when I watched it when it came on TV before. The writing, the acting.... I really want to like the actors, but their delivery is so wooden.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

I decided to do some googling around myself for Sheridan's nickname and came across this site that B5 fans might enjoy for some nostalgia.

http://www.tomsmithonline.com/lyrics/fi ... _annot.htm

eta: I can't find it, and probably there's a hole in my mind. All I can find is John Nuke 'em Sheridan, but I think there was one where the fans called him Captain something. Captain wishy washy... nah.

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

I believe Crash dubbed him Captain Chowderhead. There was a lenghty topic on that subject on Pathfinder, if memory serves me correctly. BK or Q may remember better.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Asp Zelazny »

Thanks for sharing that song link Bmat ... it was a nostalgic trip, and a absolutely laugh out loud for the sidebar story about the spaced Bear!

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Captain Chowderhead... yeah, maybe this was it, Merle, thanks.

You're welcome, Asp. It was a nostalgic trip for me, too. A lot of good memories. I'd forgotten the boom shubaluba dance. :)