What is Your Favorite Babylon 5 Episode?

Still a favorite with many of our regulars, come on in and share your insights on this ground breaking series.

Moderator: Bmat

ProfCrash
New User
New User

What is Your Favorite Babylon 5 Episode?

Post by ProfCrash »

What is your favorite Babylon 5 episode? To make life easier on people, why not pick one episode for each season. (Hey 1 out of 22 is easier then 1 out of 110)

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Ah, geeze, you're gonna make me go look at the Lurker's Guide. I can never remember the episode names!

**Merle is pretty certain Crash will pick a Season 1 ep as her all time fav**
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Right now, I would, but that's because I've not seen enough of the season 2 - 5 episodes, and especially haven't seen them in order. It can make a real difference in catching the things that they should know and what they shouldn't, and some things that they'd not mention but would obviously be going on in their heads and such... but I was kinda bummed when The Scarecrow took over.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Qray

Post by Qray »

I find it difficult to pick a favorite episode out of a story arc. I loved the entire story that was told. Some episodes I liked more than others, but to single one out (per season) seems akin to saying, what page do you most like about your favorite book?

That being said, I went to the Lurker's Guide to see if there was an episode that I did favor over others and discovered I've forgotten a lot of the details of the series. There were a lot of "Oh yeahs" and "That's right, I'd forgotten about that" being said. However, even though there's been some subtleties and sub plots that I've forgotten over time, there's always one thing that comes instantly to mind when I think of B5...One perfect moment of beauty.

The Gregorian chant.

I'd say my favorite episode from Season 2 is number 36 There All Honor Lies. Not for anything in the episode other than the scene that was one perfect moment of beauty.

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

LOL PC, I'm not even capable of attempting this. If I thought real hard, I might be able to give you one from each season I liked the least, but, even the few episodes that have something I don't like are usually only one side of the episode (IE: Grey 17 is missing, the Grey 17 part is not the best, but, the Marcus side of the episode is great), and most of the "not-stellar" episodes, I have gained an appreciation for even the less desireable parts. Like TKO, I used to hate the Mutai part of the episode, but, now, I can appreciate the underlying subtleties in it.

Nomad
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Nomad »

Yikes, I cant think of a particular episode. However, I will say that one of my favorite movies is River of Souls. but, "In the Beginning" would probably top that.

ProfCrash
New User
New User

Post by ProfCrash »

Season 1 favorite: Parliament of Dreams. The story arcs start to pick up speed. Londo is hilarious, Catherine arrives, Sinclair is a bit more human, and Sinclair ends up marrying someone but no one knows who. (grins)

Season 2 favorite: This one is hard. There is Coming of Shadows, where Emperor Turan dies on B5 and damns Londo to hell. Confessions and Lamentations where the entire Markab population is wiped out due to a virus. I am going to settle on the Long Twilight Struggle because of its impact on the story arc. This is the end of the Centauri/Narn war. G'Kar is transformed from proud belligerent Narn to something different. Still proud but very, very different.

I'll finish the remaining three seasons soon. And for the record, I use Lurkers to refresh myself on the names. (grins)

Qray

Post by Qray »

Sinclair was human? When? Did I miss it?

Can you be human and only speak in monotone?

:wink:

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Qray wrote:Sinclair was human? When? Did I miss it?

Can you be human and only speak in monotone?

:wink:

I always said, great character, lousy actor.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Kinda like most of Keanu Reeves' characters...
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

ProfCrash
New User
New User

Post by ProfCrash »

Did someone just compare Sinclair and Keanu Reeves?

PC goes off to find the sacred titanium bat blessed in the fires of Vesta

Qray

Post by Qray »

[Q watches PC search for her bat] "Hey, if your looking for a dull, blunt instrument, Sinclair fits the bill!" :twisted:

Nah, Aldan. Keanu Reeves has more depth. He can play a surfer. A surfer cop. A surfer teen. A surfer computer hacker. A...well...you get the idea. :wink: