Babylon 5 Quotes

Still a favorite with many of our regulars, come on in and share your insights on this ground breaking series.

Moderator: Bmat

Qray

Babylon 5 Quotes

Post by Qray »

Favored quotes of all kinds from Babylon 5.

Qray

Opening quotes...

Post by Qray »

"It was the Dawn of the Third Age of Mankind, ten years after the Earth-Minbari War. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal .. all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last, best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5."
- Commander Sinclair in Babylon 5:"Season One"

"The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5."
- Captain John Sheridan in Babylon 5:"Season Two"

"The Babylon project was our last, best hope for peace. .. It failed. .. But in the year of the Shadow war it became something greater: our last, best hope .. for victory. The year is 2260, the place: Babylon 5."
- Commander Ivanova in Babylon 5:"Season Three"

"It was the year of fire, the year of destruction, the year we took back what was ours. It was the year of rebirth, the year of great sadness, the year of pain, and the year of joy. It was a new age. It was the end of history. It was the year everything changed. The year is 2261; the place: Babylon 5."
- The Main Cast in Babylon 5:"Season Four"

"And so it begins."
"There is a hole in your mind."
"What do you want?"
"No one here is exactly what he appears."
"Nothing's the same anymore."
"Commander Sinclair .. is being reassigned."
"Why don't you eliminate the entire Narn homeworld while you're at it?"
"I see a great hand reaching out of the stars."
"Who are you?"
"President Clark has signed a decree today declaring martial law."
"These orders have forced us to declare independence."
"Weapons supplies."
"Unless your people get off their encounter-suited butts and do something."
"You're the one who was."
"If you go to Z'ha'dum, you will die."
"Why are you here?"
"Do you have anything worth living for?"
"I think of my beautiful city in flames."
"Like giants in a playground."
"Get the hell out of our galaxy!"
"We are here to place president Clark under arrest."
-Season Opener in Babylon 5:"Season Five"

"I was there, at the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind. It began in the Earth year 2257 with the founding of the last of the Babylon stations, located deep in neutral space. It was a port of call for refugees, smugglers, businessmen, diplomats and travelers from a hundred worlds. It could be a dangerous place, but we accepted the risk because Babylon 5 was our last, best hope for peace. Under the leadership of its final commander, Babylon 5 was a dream given form, a dream of a galaxy without war, where species from different worlds could live side-by-side in mutual respect, a dream that was endangered as never before by the arrival of one man on a mission of destruction. Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. This is its story."
- Ambassador Londo Mollari's opening in Babylon 5:"The Gathering"

"It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past."
- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"In the Beginning"

"It was the middle of the Earth year 2261, the year between wars, and the beginning of a new age. The shadow war was over, but there was still a darkness waiting for us at home. President Santiago was assassinated and his successor, President Clark was turning Earth into a prison camp. We've broken away from Earth and in retaliation they quarantined us, trying to strangle our supply lines. We were desperate and we couldn't afford to lose even a single supply ship."
- Sheridan in Babylon 5:"Thirdspace"

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

On a lighter note: "Ah, arrogance and stupidity, all in the same package. How efficient of you."

--Ambassador Londo Mollari, "In the Beginning"
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Qray

Post by Qray »

"Mr. Garibaldi. I have been on this station long enough to know that you don't ask leading questions unless you already know the answers. So, why don't we just pretend I've lied about it, you've caught me in your web of insufferable logic and cut to the point."
-G'Kar

"Commander, this little breach of security isn't going to affect my Christmas bonus, is it?"
-Garibaldi

"There is a natural law. Physics tells us, that for every action, there must be an equal and opposite reaction. They hate us, we hate them, they hate us back. And so, here we are - victims of mathematics."
-Londo

"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave, like this [Vir waves.] Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?"
-Vir

"Vir, it is a terrible truth, but as one accumulates power, one loses friends. One only has those who wish to use you and those you wish to use, and yet in all of this *you* have somehow managed to walk through the corridors of power and not be touched. I can only assume you have not been paying attention. And still the hideous truth is you are the closest thing I have to a friend. I am as shocked and dismayed at this as you are, but still, there it is."
-Londo

Nomad
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Nomad »

"Luke, I am your father..."

ooops...sorry, wrong show.

"yes" - Kosh

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

"I used to think it was a terrible thing that life was so unfair. Then I thought, 'what if life *were* fair, and all of the terrible things that happen to us came because we really deserved them?' Now I take great comfort in the general unfairness and hostility of the universe."

--Marcus Cole

"Six months ago hardly anyone knew my name. Now everyone wants to be my friend. I wanted respect. Instead I have become a wishing well with legs."

--Ambassador Londo Mollari

"Only one human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

--Ambassador Delenn

"It's like I always say, you get more with a kind word and a two-by-four than with just a kind word."

--Marcus Cole

Susan Ivanova: Ambassador, do you really want to know what's going on down there?
Ambassador Londo Mollari: Yes, absolutely!
Susan Ivanova: Boom. Boom boom boom. Boom boom. Boom! Have a nice day!

"Vakar Ashok, our gun arrays are now fixed on your ship and will fire the instant you come into range. You will find their power quite impressive... for a few seconds."

--Commander Susan Ivanova

"Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life... probably have very sad death, but at least there is symmetry."

--Zathras

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite. Zathras is finite. This is... wrong tool."

--Zathras

"I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others may enter. We stand on a bridge, and no one may pass. We live for the One! We DIE for the ONE!"

--Marcus Cole

Qray

Post by Qray »

I was a bit curious who'd bust out the first Zathras quote, Merle ;-])

"Well, let's just hope that high-IQ boys back home give us all the right answers to this test. Otherwise we're gonna get hit with a 500000-megaton weedwhacker."
-Ivanova :"A Day in the Strife"

"Well, if I project a beam of light at the wall, you see the light on the wall, but the wall is not the source of the light. It comes in from somewhere else. The soul is also a projection. It does not exist inside us any more than the light exists inside the wall. But this .. shell is the only way we can perceive it."
-Lennier :"Passing Through Gethsemane"

"Delenn tells me that you are going to try contacting the First Ones. It is a magnificent idea. A daring, and splendid idea. In doing so you will see things no human has seen before. It will be fun. Assuming you are not vaporised, dissected, or otherwise killed in an assortment of supremely horrible and painful ways. Exciting, isn't it?"
-Draal to Sheridan :"Voices of Authority"

"Really? And how do you propose stopping them? Perhaps a big red and white sign with the word 'Stop' on it? I'll put a bucket on my head and pretend to be the ancient Vorlon god Booji."
-Marcus :"Voices of Authority"

"Londo, are you deliberately trying to drive me insane?"
"The universe is already mad, anything else would be redundant."
-Vir and Londo :"Dust to Dust"

"Cannot say. Saying I would know. Do not know, so can not say. Very damaged. Zathras can never have anything nice."
-Zathras :"War Without End #1"

Meribor
Just Registered
Just Registered

What?

Post by Meribor »

No "I have 15 wild badgers in my trousers"?

No "abso-fraggin' lutely, dammit"?

You're slackin', gang. ;-)

Meri

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Hey, give me credit. I got the first Zathras and Marcus quotes.

Meribor
Just Registered
Just Registered

Well....

Post by Meribor »

..okay, in my absence, SOMEONE had to pick up the first Marcus quote, so yeah, you get props for that. But don't let it get to your head!!! ;-)

Nomad
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Nomad »

Nomad stopped projecting himself while keeping a link between himself and Marvin.

"OK, Marvin, while your in there, see if you can find a time thread that Links all those time-lines that we traveled to as well as our current time line. We need to find a focal point!"

" Well Nomad, this other me in here wont let me touch some of the areas of the core. He says that its his and he will not give it up. In fact he says it reminds him of the time the he...er. rather WE, went into a battle zone along with some Hydraulic oil and ran into that android with the..."

RIGHT!, I don't need to hear it Marvin. Just keep trying!

While Marvin was working himself over at the core (he he), Nomad was noticing the images around him flashing faster and faster until they were at blinding speed.

Then, suddenly, they...

STOPPED!

One slightly glowing protrusion from an unknown console could be seen from across the room. Nomad eyed it suspiciously before finally asking Marvin what was happening.

"I have my titanium finger pointing the way to a focal point as you asked. You owe me for this one, Nomad. The things I had to do with myself..well.."

"OK, Marvin, thanks. I have your metal shined when we get back and you can watch those favorite parts to the Wizard of OZ as well."

Nomad waved his palm over the protrusion. The room whirled. He found himself in ALL of the places they had been as well as the current and ..."YES..THERE IT IS! "

Meanwhile, everyone at the Dragon Inn was suddenly taken aback by the image of Nomad appearing in the middle of the table...

"Hat AND FOOTWEAR"...was all Nomad could mutter before he lost the connection.

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Just a guess here, but I think Nommy meant this for PATD?