Ah... Bab5! I am happy that The Master put this here!

Still a favorite with many of our regulars, come on in and share your insights on this ground breaking series.

Moderator: Bmat

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Ah... Bab5! I am happy that The Master put this here!

Post by aldan »

I'm currently working to put together a dvd collection for this wonderful series. I've only gotten the second season as well as the two "movies"... The Gathering and In The Beginning.

I ended up losing track of where everything in the series was heading when I lost my cable tv. I started watching during the first season of the series, and I was only spotty once "The Scarecrow" came on the series...
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

lastone
Site Regular
Site Regular

Scarecrow

Post by lastone »

okay i give up who is the scarecrow?
"Goodbye and thanks for the fish"

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

LOL! That's the name of a character the Chowderhead played on another series, before he was on B5. It was called The Scarecrow and Mrs. King.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

lastone
Site Regular
Site Regular

Famous Quotes

Post by lastone »

From You know who? :D http://www.100megsfree4.com/lastone/misc/Politicians.wmv

this is a 480k wmv file
"Goodbye and thanks for the fish"

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

*nods* Yes, from you-know-who... he played some sort of undercover federal agent, maybe a spy hunter or some crap... and he was paired up with the divorced/widowed/separated mother (I remember seeing the show on, but didn't watch it).
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Nomad
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Nomad »

lmao! :lol:

I had forgotten that scene. It is really too bad that theatrical movie did not get created. It would have been awsome. I miss B5. All I have is the Crusade DVD collection. But, I dont think it has the JMS commentary on it. :( I lso have vArious movies and episodes recoreded somewhere.

Chowderhead..LoL..HEY CRASH!

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

I'd like to have the series on DVD, but I just can't pay the almost $400 to get it.

It is almost time that I watched again.

Nomad
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Nomad »

Imagine the fun we could have by introducing B5 to a new generation of people who may have heard of it, but have not had the opportunity to view it one season at a time, with lively discussion of just about every episode. The "Oh, that's what that meant" type thing throughout the series.

In fact, B5 was one of the biggest Forum Topics we had on the old sites.

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

Bmat wrote:I'd like to have the series on DVD, but I just can't pay the almost $400 to get it.

It is almost time that I watched again.

Well, there's always Netflix. :D

Also, although I realize it's not a tremendous help, it is a bit of a help, on Amazon.com, when you look up a DVD, there is a link "New and Used", if you press that, it will take you to their "Ebay-type listings", and you can select to buy from there instead. I didn't look to see if there was any New ones for this cheap, but the new and Used range from a starting price of $50-$65 per season, so if you can handle that, one season at a time, it may be worth your while to check it out.

I actually want to get DS9, but, don't want to pay $100 a season for them, so I check periodically to see if they've come down. Star Trek original Series, I got Season 1 Brand New for about $75.00 this way, and it's still selling for $99-120 in stores and Amazon proper.

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

Bmat, here's something even cheaper, the entire 5 seasons, brand new for only $167.00, includes shipping cost.

On the left hand side of the screen, up near the top, is a link to press. I'm sending you to B5TV first, as they probably get advertising dollars, if you go through their page, first

http://www.b5tv.com/ubbthreads.php

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Thanks, Sindatur. I am checking it out. 8)

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Nomad wrote:Imagine the fun we could have by introducing B5 to a new generation of people who may have heard of it, but have not had the opportunity to view it one season at a time, with lively discussion of just about every episode. The "Oh, that's what that meant" type thing throughout the series.

In fact, B5 was one of the biggest Forum Topics we had on the old sites.

At least for me, it was the Pathfinder B5 BBS, and you linked to it directly from the Babylon 5 official website. Later, at SciFiSites, we had a wider array of discussions, but Pathfinder was in its genesis the Official B5 board. Of course, there was a second wave of B5 posters coming to SciFiSites when Pathfinder finally shut down (to much rejoicing!) that included Bmat, Tandara, Beebunch, Fanuilh. Can't think of any more names from back then. It's the Stoli.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.