Ah... Bab5! I am happy that The Master put this here!

Still a favorite with many of our regulars, come on in and share your insights on this ground breaking series.

Moderator: Bmat

ProfCrash
New User
New User

Post by ProfCrash »

My B5 DVD's are making the rounds with my co-workers. I have hooked 4 different people already. (evil grin)

BMat, Sindutar is right, Netflix has all five season and is pretty cheap. You could probably watch all of them in a month or two and it would cost you about $30.

I refuse to buy the Star Trek DVD's until they drop the price. X-Files and Farscape finally dropped to a reasonable price range. I am picking up Farscape as they come out. I'll be waiting on X-Files until I have paid off my credit card debt. For the Farscape fans, look for the Starburst editions. They put 7-8 episodes on two DVD's and cost about $18. There are three sets for each season. Unfortunately, they are not putting them out as a whole season but releasing 1/3 of a season every 6 months. Season 1 is complete. Season 2's second set comes out in August.

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Of course, at $18 a piece for a third of the episodes, that's $54 a season... and as soon as my new cc arrives, even though I already'd bought the season 2 for bab5 on sale, it's still a great price on NetFlix, so I will most likely get that set...
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

aldan wrote:Of course, at $18 a piece for a third of the episodes, that's $54 a season... and as soon as my new cc arrives, even though I already'd bought the season 2 for bab5 on sale, it's still a great price on NetFlix, so I will most likely get that set...

Aldan, the $18.00 a set is for 1/3 a season for Farscape Starburst Editions for Purchase.

Netflix, is a rental by mail, not a purchase. PC was suggesting to Bmat, that if she only wants to view B5 again, and not invest in Purchasing them, to rent them through Netflix.

That's two completely seperate things.

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Thanks. I think I realized it after typing all that, but didn't bother trying to edit it to correct the mistake. Of course, I could have just been on something, too...
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

psicop13
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by psicop13 »

Merle wrote:
Nomad wrote:Imagine the fun we could have by introducing B5 to a new generation of people who may have heard of it, but have not had the opportunity to view it one season at a time, with lively discussion of just about every episode. The "Oh, that's what that meant" type thing throughout the series.

In fact, B5 was one of the biggest Forum Topics we had on the old sites.

At least for me, it was the Pathfinder B5 BBS, and you linked to it directly from the Babylon 5 official website. Later, at SciFiSites, we had a wider array of discussions, but Pathfinder was in its genesis the Official B5 board. Of course, there was a second wave of B5 posters coming to SciFiSites when Pathfinder finally shut down (to much rejoicing!) that included Bmat, Tandara, Beebunch, Fanuilh. Can't think of any more names from back then. It's the Stoli.

... dude! Hi, I'm new, but I have registered especially to say that I have been wondering what on earth happened to all the guys I used to know over at the pathfinder BBS and then at SciFiSites. I'm actually a little giddy at the thought of people who actually remember that they existed - no one I ever talk to seems to remember them! Erm, anyway, hi there, hello. I don't imagine anyone remembers me, but it's all very exciting. (That could just be the lack of sleep!)

On topic (ish) I'm currently watching B5 with two people who haven't seen it before. It is both strange and wonderful. I'm really enjoying watching the episodes in order, as it's been a long time since I've done that.

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Hi Psicop! Thought your nick looked familiar. Where've you been keeping yourself? It seems after SciFiSites went down, everyone scattered to the four corners of the universe.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

Hi PsiCop, I certainly remember exchaning IMs on Scifi Sites with that screen name.

psicop13
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by psicop13 »

Heya Sindatur, Merle!

Mostly I have been over at livejournal as alicamel. Wondering in and out of non-B5 fandoms for a few years, but been trying to figure out if there is a B5 fandom left!

What year did SciFiSites go down? I think I may have jumped ship before it did, but it's all a bit hazy in my mind. (For that matter, when did Pathfinder go down? In my head it's about 96/7, but that seems to long ago to be true!)

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

The "first wave" of posters left Pathfinder for SciFiSites in Oct. of 97. Pathfinder shut down in '98 for good. Looking at my registration at Hostboard, I'd say probably SciFiSites/SciFiVine went down in 2000.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Qray

Post by Qray »

Merle wrote:Can't think of any more names from back then. It's the Stoli.

SACRILEGE!

Q lovingly cradles the bottle of Mother's Milk known as Stolichnaya. "Your a good bottle aren't you? Oh yes you are...yes you are...don't listen to the bad man...your a good bottle..."

HiHo psicop. Nice to see you. I operated under the moniker of Quaerere at SFS and PF[spit].

Hey Sindatur, I haven't seen you in a spell, how ya fairing?

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Hi, PsiCop! Welcome to SV!

Your name sounds familiar, but I don't think we ever spoke. I was in the second wave of Pathfinder(spit) and stayed with Vines until they closed down.

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

Qray wrote:
Merle wrote:Can't think of any more names from back then. It's the Stoli.

SACRILEGE!

Q lovingly cradles the bottle of Mother's Milk known as Stolichnaya. "Your a good bottle aren't you? Oh yes you are...yes you are...don't listen to the bad man...your a good bottle..."

HiHo psicop. Nice to see you. I operated under the moniker of Quaerere at SFS and PF[spit].

Hey Sindatur, I haven't seen you in a spell, how ya fairing?

Hey, Q, doing very well thanks.

Hey SciFi Sites/Vines went bad on us too, shouldn't we put in the obligatory [spit] for them too? Or are we just grateful for the good times and forget about the Vines part of SciFi sites?