JMS Speaks

Still a favorite with many of our regulars, come on in and share your insights on this ground breaking series.

Moderator: Bmat

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Well, for the series of novels, I was thinking that perhaps the Ender's Game series by Orson Scott Card could be it, since it's very popular, very influential, and is SciFi.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

For our London based Forum Members, JMS will be in London signing autographs on May 12.

Title: Re: update from jms 4/15/07
Author: "jmsatb5@aol.com" <jmsatb5@aol.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2007 04:27:40 -0700
Message-ID: <1176809260.677683.125380@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups .com>

Quick follow-up for our friends in the UK...I'll be doing a signing at
Forbidden Planet London at 179 Shaftesbury Avenue, at 1:00 p.m. on
Satuday May 12th. This will be my first signing/appearance in England
since B5 finished its run, about seven years ago.

jms

Nautilus
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Nautilus »

one based on a mainstream historical novel by a pulitzer
prize winning author, another historical work, a very well known
Marvel comics character, a sequel to a classic mainstream mystery film, and a movie based on a massively influential series of SF novels
Well, for the series of novels, I was thinking that perhaps the Ender's Game series by Orson Scott Card could be it, since it's very popular, very influential, and is SciFi.
Really? I've been hearing about Ender's Game being adapted for a movie off and on. Not sure about the status right now but it would make for an interesting combination.

I thought about the Foundation series but it's probably not as well known. (In other words, not as recent.)

Any speculation on the others?

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

That Asimov series is definitely one that it might be. I've been a bit surprised that nothing had been done with it prior. I think that about the only reason it hadn't been used was that each book seemed to cover such a long period of time (making maintaining the interest of the movie-goers a bit more difficult than it otherwise would be), but perhaps they found a way around that....
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

Amazon.com finally has a Placeholder for B5: TLT. No release date listed yet, nor a price, but, a "Sign up for emails" place holder (we're almost there ladies and Gentlemen)

TV shows on DVD apparently has July 31 as the release date, and MSRP as $24.99. UK release date seems to be in Spetember as of now.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Sindatur wrote:Amazon.com finally has a Placeholder for B5: TLT. No release date listed yet, nor a price, but, a "Sign up for emails" place holder (we're almost there ladies and Gentlemen)

TV shows on DVD apparently has July 31 as the release date, and MSRP as $24.99. UK release date seems to be in Spetember as of now.
Yay!!!

I am ready for some new B5.

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

It's now available for Pre-Order $17.00 at Amazon, release date 7-31-07. What a July it's gonna be, HP movie 5, HP book 7, Dr. Who S3 on SciFi channel, and now B5: TLT.

Get your pre-orders in now. The faster they see Pre-orders stack up, the more ambition they will have to green light and start on the next disk. Got mine ordered this morning.

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

WB Press release for B5: TLT, includes cover art

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7217

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

Wow, JMS is apparently becoming all the rage in the movie screenplay writing arena. First Ron Howard bought The Changeling, and started it all for him, then World War Z and another movie announced "They marched into Sunlight. And now:

Feeling bullish on the eve of the release of its "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer," Fox has already put a feature spinoff into development that will star the enigmatic Surfer, with J. Michael Straczynski currently crafting the screenplay.