speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Trek 11

The grand daddy of Science Fiction as a franchise, Speculative Vision salutes the genius that is Star Trek.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Trek 11

Postby doctor_odd » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:38 pm

So Speculative Vision, Speculate!

What are your wishes for the next movie?
Assasin: "You know what your sin is?"
Malcolm Reynolds: "Hell, I'm a fan of all seven, but right now I'd have to go with wrath."
-SERENITY-
doctor_odd
New User
New User

Location: Somewhere cold and damp that reeks of watermelon...

Postby ScottSF » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:49 am

well I would like another Next Gen movie and it would start with picard being held prisoner and it turns out that startrek Nemesis was all just a torture and drug induced horrible dream. If wishes were quarters. I liked Generations well enough, even though it had Kirk in it at least I got to see him die. First Contact was the best ever. Insurection was adequate, I was able to enjoy it. Nemesis was like finding out some woman you hate but slept with gave birth to a child that becomes a crazy evangelist and calls you every day trying to convert you and just wont go away nomatter ho much you want to erase that part of your past. I mean, it was such crap, running TNG into the ground. I was looking for word on new movies but nothing seems to be in the works. It might be nice if they gathered some of the characters from TNG DS9 and Voyager into some new bit of self contained fiction. maybe with Sisco and Worf as leads. I'm starved for space movies.
Time flies like an Arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-Groucho Marx
ScottSF
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Nomad » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:06 am

I still say, Star Trek(all iterations) meets Babylon 5 meets Dr. Who meets Lost in Space meets Battlestar Galactica meets the Jetsons. Yup, that would make a great :twisted: movie.
Site Regular
Site Regular

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Caltana » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:11 am

Don't think it will happen personally, or at least I hope not because I bought the collection when Nemesis came out and it cost me enough, over 80 quid! There's not really much they could do with the storyline's they've got left, which are few. I think its time the franchise took a break for a while as its getting rather stale.
"Hell? There is no Heaven, there is no Hell, there is only this place, the Land Of The Dead, my friend..."
-Kevin Heinz Fischer-Oakley.
Caltana
Site Regular
Site Regular

Return to Star Trek