speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Star Trek TNG DVD's, episode lack of, series coming

The grand daddy of Science Fiction as a franchise, Speculative Vision salutes the genius that is Star Trek.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Star Trek TNG DVD's, episode lack of, series coming

Postby Bmat » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:21 am

After I found out the names of the episodes that I'd like to have on DVD, I looked for them online, and it turns out that there are not individual episode DVD's for the TNG episodes that I want.

I read that to celebrate TNG's 20th anniversary, they are coming out with the entire series boxed set on DVD for $440. But I don't want the whole series, and the price is prohibitive, too.

What surprises me is that TNG isn't available with one or two episodes on a DVD. Amazon has them on tape, but for those I was checking out, the prices of the tapes are high, even.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby aldan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:39 am

I think that part of the problem with placing only one or two episodes on a disc is that, especially with only one, there just isn't enough on there to help to make the price of making the disc worthwhile (there would be a profit, but not enough of one, if they priced it for a much lower price than one of the seasonal discs). Also, they likely fear, and possibly for good reason, that they'd not sell enough of the single or two-episode discs to make all the price of creating them worthwhile.

Those are just guesses, but quite some time ago, I worked for a place that created such things, with TV and movies recorded for public consumption, so I do know a bit about what I'm speaking of.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Return to Star Trek