speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

My Progress at Writing

The place to talk about the craft of writing.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

My Progress at Writing

Postby Llew » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:59 pm

I started (seriusly) writing about six months ago, when I started a role play (set in a game world).
I kinda worked up progressively. At first I had to be very inspired to write anything at all, and I had the horrible problem for never being able to get the words/thoughts to go together right. The only way I eventually got around that problem was to convince myself that it really didn't matter because no one expected it to be good. Slowly I was able to write a page without being inspired at all, just by writing for a few minutes every day...mainly because the RP would have gone on without me if I didn't. :lol:

So now I can sit down and write whenever I want, and I really enjoy it. My siblings come over and look at me like :shock: you wrote all that?!...best part of it! :D

but I still haven't gotten up the nerve to 'write a Story' yet...probably never will, to tell the truth, cause' I really enjoy writing with other people.
“I Speak Spanish to God, Italian to Women, French to Men, and German to My Horse” - Charles V, King of Spain and Holy Roman Emperor, 1500–58
Llew
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Ariel » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:31 am

Someday you just may be inspired to write that story. If not, well...we'll always have the Lycoria stories or other role playing areas to play in. :flower:
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby aldan » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:58 pm

Two things that I like about roleplay is that it really emphasizes developing character through personality as well as back history and also it encourages stretching your imagination. Keep going with that, and who knows? Perhaps you will be able to come up with a story and be able to make of it what you wish!
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Llew » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:25 pm

aldan wrote:Two things that I like about roleplay is that it really emphasizes developing character through personality as well as back history and also it encourages stretching your imagination. Keep going with that, and who knows? Perhaps you will be able to come up with a story and be able to make of it what you wish!

we can hope :D
“I Speak Spanish to God, Italian to Women, French to Men, and German to My Horse” - Charles V, King of Spain and Holy Roman Emperor, 1500–58
Llew
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Neurolanis » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:37 am

Follow your heart at any rate, and do what comes natural. :wink:
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Return to General Writing Discussion