speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

license

The place to talk about the craft of writing.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

license

Postby nightlock » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:21 am

These forums are open to the public eye, and anyone with internet access can browse around and read countless stories, complete or not, poems, character info, ideas and whatnot. For those of us who are not too interested, or at least not expecting to ever be published (c'est moi) this might not be a big problem. However, maybe it should be.I toss up my occasional poems and ideas on the forum, not really expecting anyone to ever be interested beyond the regular forum goers. However, I'd kick myself in the head if I'll find a poetry bundle with one of mine in it, without being mentioned.

So what license is attributed to original work on the forums here, if any?

Most of the things I've written on the site I have also posted on my wordpress blog, where I add a Creative Commons license (Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike to be exact). As yet I've refrained from tagging the license on the posts here on the forum, but would like to know where I stand. Should I add the CC license link in my signature or is my work here already protected?

Or, should The Master implement a new forum wide license? My vote is on the license linked above (Give me credit for my work, do not profit from it, and any adaptions you make should carry the same license).

Read New Awakenings

"This is here." :smt104
nightlock
Site Regular
Site Regular

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: license

Postby The Master » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:30 am

As specified on the Copyright page for this site:

Stories, poetry, or other intellectual property posted on the forums are copyright to their respective authors. Speculative Vision is neither an agent for those authors nor can it grant permission for the use of their works. Should you be interested in using writings posted in our forums please contact the author directly.

You are free to assign any usage rights you wish to your own works. If you would like to be specific with Creative Commons for your posts perhaps adding that line in your signature is a good idea.
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Re: license

Postby nightlock » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:42 am

Is there any egg on my face?

I had searched the forums for copyright notices but had not found a link to that page anywhere until you posted it just now. (At which point I noticed it at the bottom of each page, must not be as awake as I thought I was)

Read New Awakenings

"This is here." :smt104
nightlock
Site Regular
Site Regular

Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to General Writing Discussion