speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Author bio's

The place to talk about the craft of writing.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Author bio's

Postby berry » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:05 pm

I'm intending to enter a few short story competitions, and maybe try my luck at a few publications. Usually a short author bio is required. Has anyone done one of these? i would like a bit of feedback on the one I've written (below) too please.

My name is Lanka Templeman, I am a counsellor and live by the seaside. I have recently completed a creative writing course and am taking writing a bit more seriously. I do draw on my experience as a counsellor in my work though it is fiction. I have no previous publications.
Outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx
berry
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Re: Author bio's

Postby Bmat » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:25 pm

I don't know what kind of information is required. I don't know that I'd mention that you have recently completed a writing course nor that you have no previous publications, unless these are required. Perhaps more emphasis on the influences in your writing, and the kind of writing you prefer. The first sentence - My name is.. should end with a period. Perhaps then that you live by the seaside where you.. whatever you do for inspiration. Then that you draw on your experience as a counsellor (my spell check says this is not the correct spelling?) (what kind of counselor ?) for your fictional work. - these are my thoughts, for what they are worth.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Re: Author bio's

Postby lexxaus » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:28 am

you just need to have inspiration and yoy can do it esily
lexxaus
Just Registered
Just Registered

Return to General Writing Discussion