speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

JK Rowling's wizard has captured the world's imagination.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Postby Bmat » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:38 am

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince opens Wednesday July 15, 2009. It is the sixth Harry Potter film.

"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," in which romance, magic and comedy collide as teenage hormones rage at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, has received rave reviews and already sold out hundreds of theaters for its opening day.

Based on author British author J.K. Rowling's seven novels, which have sold more than 400 million copies, the film franchise has so far raked $4.5 billion worldwide for Warner Bros. studio, which is owned by Time Warner Inc.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090713/film_nm/us_potter_1
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Postby samaulle_esun » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:38 am

I watched it. it wasn't that crash hot. not enough happened in it. we need dialogue driven three hour movies from them if they are ever to even scratch the surface. hopefully in another 50 years someone else makes a version, although thats probably not going to happen /:
Your friendly resident schizophrenic
samaulle_esun
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Bmat » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:45 am

I hope to get over to see it next week. Sorry to hear it wasn't as good as it could have been. The reviews in the newspapers have been mostly positive.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bmat » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:03 pm

I saw it last night. There was only one place in it that I thought to glance at my watch to see what time it was. (This is how I judge how interesting a movie was, if it is very interesting I don't get curious about the time, if it is very boring I keep glancing at my watch. )

Visually it was believable. At no time did I think there is a CGI. The acting was the best yet. The casting was done well. It did seem rushed, but then there was a lot to fit in. The ending (I am assuming we don't need to worry about spoiling ?) was handled well enough. I'd read some criticism of an important scene left out, but I felt what was done was adequate and that more was not needed considering the parts already cut out of the story.

I don't feel inclined to pay to see it again in the theater, but I'll buy the DVD.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ariel » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:50 pm

I loved it! It's always more exciting at the theatre. It has been so interesting to see the actors grow up before our eyes from one film to the next.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Harry Potter