speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Tech

The place to talk about the craft of writing.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Tech

Postby Talon Sinnah » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:00 am

Is there any piece of technology and or apps, other then your computer, that as a writer you can not work without or find very helpful?

Right now my phone is my primary way of writing. My app Werdsmith is the most helpful app I got and I do all my writing on it right now. It's free on the App Store unless you got the premium version but I am cheap lol. Other then the writing, obviously, the best thing I can real think of it is it allows you to set a word goal for yourself and it has helped me stay motivated and I'm lazy and don't have to keep track on my own lol. With the word count it also gives you a approximate read time of how many words you written.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Re: Tech

Postby Bmat » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:24 am

Your app sounds interesting. I like my computer with keyboard because I can type more easily. But this doesn't have the features you mentioned, of course.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Re: Tech

Postby Talon Sinnah » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:39 pm

Another app I've found useful is 'A novel idea'. It's more of a brainstorming or organization tool it helps me keep track of characters I have introduced so I don't have to go back and make sure I get a name right especially on the characters that only pop up every now and again. For all you table toppers, I also use this one to run DnD games. (Please no need comments :lol:)
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Return to General Writing Discussion