speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Arrival

Seen a great movie or video lately? Heard a juicy rumor about an upcoming release? Share your reviews and thoughts with us!

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Arrival

Postby WisconsinSFfan » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:52 pm

Finally saw this today. Great movie. Probably the best SF movie in the last 5 years. If you're going to see it, avoid spoilers. It won't ruin it, but it's better if the reveals come naturally. The movie leaves you a little sad, a little amazed, and very appreciative of the life we have. A story well crafted. I'm tempted to read the short story now to see what was different and how the author crafted that.

Anyway, go see it in the theaters while it's still there. Thumbs up.
WisconsinSFfan
New User
New User

Re: Arrival

Postby Bmat » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:31 am

Thank you for the review and recommendation! I've been looking for something to go see in the theaters.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Bmat » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:12 pm

WisconsinSFfan wrote:Finally saw this today. Great movie. Probably the best SF movie in the last 5 years. If you're going to see it, avoid spoilers. It won't ruin it, but it's better if the reveals come naturally. The movie leaves you a little sad, a little amazed, and very appreciative of the life we have. A story well crafted. I'm tempted to read the short story now to see what was different and how the author crafted that.

Anyway, go see it in the theaters while it's still there. Thumbs up.

Tsk I missed it! But I'll watch for it on TV.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:42 pm

Don't worry B I will probably end up missing it too if I've not already. With kids most of my theater going is to the ever so thrilling Trolls or the edge of your seat mystery of Sing lol. I don't remember the last grown up movie I watched in theaters.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Ariel » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:38 am

Damn, I missed it too! I'll probably watch it elsewhere though.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Movies