speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

The worst ways to die in a game

Sci-Fi and Fantasy games are some of the most popular on the market. Drop in to talk about your favorites from video games to role playing games.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Anthentar » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:44 pm

Yes, but we're not talking about Risk here. It's much harder to come back from a near impossible deficit to win
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146
Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Talon Sinnah » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:19 pm

Yes but you do have bragging rights if you do.

How about this? In a fighting game you have half your life left and the opponent has like two hits left then as you attack they block then unleash a massive combo on your ass. Death by a twenty hit ultra combo. :(
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Anthentar » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:34 pm

Oh hell yes. Gotta love it when you come back. Whether you win or not, it's a story worth telling and a fight worth remembering. Granted, if you're the one who loses because they come back and beat you, that sucks... but to be the underdog rules
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146
Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:21 am

the worst death I have had is on Halo when I had wasted every opponent I had with nothing but a pair of pistols and no shield, I was proud of myself when a player who had been hiding and was horrible at the game by their own admission used his hiding place to blow the *beep* out of me, I was hiding behind the tank in order to prevent someone from taking it, well I never noticed that the dude had already gotten in and since he never moved twitched or nothing I paid it no never mind, so he promptly turned around ran me over and blew my arse away, That had really sucked but kudos to the dude for doing it
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:31 am

As for the best death ever, Mine is a tie , once on halo I was completely out of ammo one bar of health left and surrounded by my opponents, so I did the only thing left to me, I stuck myself with a sticky grenade and ran out into the middle of them and nearly took all of their arses out with me, The second was when I was playing the game and my Banshee (flying plane thing) was nearly destroyed barely flying and I had only one bar of health and no weapons or grenades left with any ammo(my char was the plane never runs out but still when your barely going even that dont help much), so When the main doors opened and the aliens came out in hordes I did what any sane pilot would do, I rammed my plane right smack in the middle of them with all guns a blazing, it made for a nice big boom ^_^
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Anthentar » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:29 am

Oh, here's another horrible death: some friends and I are playing the original battlefront and we're fighting at the Wookie Village. Every one of us and a crap load of other clone troopers all piled into a Republic Gunship and took off, laying a hail of gunfire against any droid we could see (I don't think we destroyed any though). It was still going great for the five seconds until the droid ships made a u-turn and came back for us. They took out the ship and at least sixteen of our guys. Needless to say, we haven't done that since
Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Alaskamatt17 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:11 am

In Smash Bros. Melee for Gamecube it's funny when you're Roy and you sit there charging up the B attack forever and then somebody just walks right in front of you. They have to know what's coming, because they've seen you sitting there for at least twenty seconds. Also, I like to make fun of the ridiculousness of this attack. His sword hitting the ground results in an explosion with a combustion cloud and everything. It's ludicrous!
After a certain high level of technical skill is achieved, science and art tend to coalesce in esthetics, plasticity, and form. The greatest scientists are always artists as well.
-Albert Einstein
Alaskamatt17
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Anthentar » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:31 pm

In the same game, on the map that keeps rising and falling. Whenever you get stuck behind something and the edge of the screen catches up to you, killing you. That's a crappy death
Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Runescape Death

Postby data_strings » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:41 pm

Hm, in Runescape, it would be to a swarm. A "swarm" is a random event that is used to keep people from macroing, but if you're not looking for a very long time, and keep your sound off, then this measily bug swarm pulls one-two damage you. It would be extremely embarassing to die to it.

Alaskamatt17, I love your quote. I'd probably use it for myself if it wasn't for the fact that I don't like copying. I wonder how many artists are actually great scientists as well.
data_strings
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Talon Sinnah » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:16 pm

How about this when you are playing ass Fox and your opponent is playing with Bowser. You taunt Bowser and misjudge the distance between you and Godzilla and the giant turtle grasps our canine friend by the scruff of the neck and slings you across the board. :cry:
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby FantasyMan » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:52 am

lol swarms are fun we had a guy at the docks who had never seen one and had full rune on...we told him u could kill it he bought it till he had like 3 hp left...took like an hour
:twisted:
"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

R.I.P Aldan we know now, that you are in a better place
FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Talon Sinnah » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:44 pm

Are we talking about the same game here? :?

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

PreviousNext

Return to Games