speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Anime Or Manga??

A distinct form of animated storytelling, anime has legions of fans worldwide.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby SpookyKatie » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:06 pm

The highest I ever payed for a manga was $14.95 but all the ones I'm buying now are $9.95 and the last time I got an Anime DVD was about $45.00
Iron Skirt Kate, SV's very own super villain.
Art is love, love is art **Up-Date**

And take that old dusty road over to my blog!
SpookyKatie
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Magus » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:34 pm

I know somebody who spent $300.00 on Manga, and it amounted into only about ten books or so. On occasion I do buy anime, and I do realize that it's more expensive than other DVDs. But I do so sparingly, and the titles I select I know ahead of time of their quality by my own personal viewing.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby SchoolTheOld » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:00 am

I despise paying for bad dubbing and subbing. The voice acting is horrible, and the meanings of the original dumbed down beyond belief!

I would very much rather donate to the fansubbers for their hard work, but unfortunately that isn't an option.
SchoolTheOld
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Dr_Love » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:46 am

MANGAS ofcourse, they are original and do not hold back ont he detail that is incorperated into a show like it is supose to.(bad spelling (bad spelling, it's early, i have reasons) MANGAS MANGAS MANGAS!
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Previous

Return to Anime