Lost (spoilers!!!)

Is Sci-Fi TV your passion? Come on in and discuss your favorite genre TV shows.

Moderator: Bmat

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

I had read that this season there would be at least one death. So she could be dead dead.

FallenStars&Angels
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by FallenStars&Angels »

i read that too...but it's so very upsetting... :smt022

FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by FantasyMan »

mannnn they are showing reruns tonight :smt100
"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

R.I.P Aldan we know now, that you are in a better place

FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by FantasyMan »

Sindatur wrote:I don't think the people with Ana Lucia are the "Others" that Danielle spoke of. I think they're tail survivors, or a mix of tail survivors and others, but, not "The Others".
u were right!! :shock:
"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

R.I.P Aldan we know now, that you are in a better place

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Is anybody besides me still watching this?

I saw Jorge Garcia, the actor who plays Hurley, interviewed a month or so ago and was unimpressed, even though I like the character Hurley.

A couple night ago an episode of Becker was on, and there was Jorge as a guest actor. He looked just like Hurley- big guy with big hair, and was good in the part.

Back to Lost: Something I wondered about is that Hurley seems bigger than he was before, so my conjecture is that he is now wearing a fat suit and that he'll "lose weight" some time in the future of the show.

Desslok
New User
New User

Post by Desslok »

I just started watching it this season, so I have some catching up to do. Wednesdays can't come fast enough!

Hurley rules!

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

This Wednesday's episode (April 5) was Hurley-centric. Spoiler ahead:

It turns out that Hurley was in the clinic because he hallucinated. The lady who saved him was also in the clinic.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

I watched the May 3 show tonight.

The events were very unexpected. And the preview looks like more of the same.

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

Bmat wrote:I watched the May 3 show tonight.

The events were very unexpected. And the preview looks like more of the same.
Yea, like last year, the final four episodes are supposed to all be very quick movers and answer lots of questions.

Definitely it blew me away. Due to spoilers, I was expecting one thing to happen before the end of the season, but, not during this episode, and certainly not like that.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

I hadn't read any spoilers so was completely taken by surprise!

I guess we can talk spoilers since it is in the title.

The second person who got shot I am sorry about since she was so good for Hurley. Now I wonder how he will handle it.

Was Michael programmed to do this, or coerced, or driven by his desire only?

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

Bmat wrote:I hadn't read any spoilers so was completely taken by surprise!

I guess we can talk spoilers since it is in the title.

The second person who got shot I am sorry about since she was so good for Hurley. Now I wonder how he will handle it.

Was Michael programmed to do this, or coerced, or driven by his desire only?
Libby. I think she'll hang on for a bit longer, but, she'll probably die this week or before the season ends.

I think that was Libby's entire reason for existing on the show, is for the impact it will have on Hurley. People believe Cynthia Watros and Michelle Rodriguez were fired for their DUIs, but, I don't think the Television industry works fast enough that Cynthia Watros would already have a Pilot, if she didn't start shopping for it until after the DUI, and being fired for it. Therefore, I believe she signed on for just one year, knowing she would be picked off (which is the Producers' story) and started shopping for a new job before she even got the DUI. Cynthia Watros may be a good actress, and she may have some good roles under her belt, but, I simply don't believe Pilot makers had her in mind for their Pilot and went in search of her. Sure they would for one of the Desperate Housewives, or Heather Locklear, but, not Cynthia Watros, she's jsut not famous enough. She's an actress who would have to pursue a job, rather than a job coming begging for her, and that wouldn't have all fallen in place in only a couple of months. (DUIs in November/December and uproar in Feb/March)

I can't wait for the final 3 episodes of the season, they're gonna be a wild ride. JJ Abrams says Damon even surprised him with the phenomenal-ness of the Finale.

Sindatur
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by Sindatur »

And so it gets even stranger.

Dr. Marvin Candle is now calling himself Mark(?) Wickman and

Spoiler:
in one of the last two episodes of the season he is billed as Dr Waxman

Jack's dead father led him to water.

Locke saw his mother who directed him in a vision to watch Boone die in the Beechcraft dive

Shannon saw an image of Walt covered in a gelatinuos substance and talked backwards.

Mr. Eko in a dream saw Ana Lucia dead (before he knew she had died) and his dead brother prophesizing he needed to help Locke find the "?" to restore his faith.

Locke in a dream saw Eko's dead brother (who Locke has never seen before and had no reason to believe he had ever been on the island) and saw Eko falling off the cliff, which Eko narrowly avoided.

The "?" is right under the Beechcraft plane. Was his vision of Boone telling him to look for the "?" then?

How's this all tie together?

Why is Eko even more sure than ever, after basically being told "psyche" about pushing the button that the button really does have a purpose and that's it's more important than ever?

What about the Whisperers? Are they sending these images to the LOSTies to aid against the "Others"

If this is all a guinea pig/rat in a maze setup, why? What's that got to do with Electromagnetism, animal research, Utopian living conditions, and the other 3 fields of study which I can remember at the moment?

Oh, and Claire's psychic that sent her on flight 815 was the drowned (and come back to life) girls father.