A little tournament going on in Germany

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

How about that head butting thing! I wonder if they would have won if that hadn't happened.

ScottSF
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by ScottSF »

that was crazy! I didn't think anybody on the French team would lose their cool like that. I have no clue what it was about, maybe the news will give some clue later. It was a really good match to watch. It seemed France played better tired and Italy had a better goalie. And better aim with their heads of course but it could have gone either way. And now back to sci-fi. I realized that soccer reminds me of the assault on the Death Star, in that goals are so rare and they count for so much; it's the same kind of tension for me. Hooray Italy. Well played France. And charging bull guy, what the heck was that?
Time flies like an Arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-Groucho Marx

MrB
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by MrB »

The reasons for Zinedine Zidanes moment of madness are currently being speculated by Sky Sports News and BBC Radio 5 Live as Something to do with his ethnic origins (Muslim of North african descent). Materazzi has refused to discuss the incident, which, while not an admission of guilt, does raise some questions as to what exactly he said to ZZ to provoke such a reaction !
You can't dangle the bogus carrot of possible reconciliation in front of my face whilst riding some other donkey.

ScottSF
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by ScottSF »

It would be truly unfortunate if that were the case. Unfortunate for an Italian team member to show bigotry and unfortunate for Zidanes to lose his cool over a bigot. Emotions run high during the cup.