speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Isn't Evangelion the best ever???

A distinct form of animated storytelling, anime has legions of fans worldwide.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Isn't Evangelion the best ever???

Postby What's that up your nose? » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:52 am

I am a total fan of Evangelion. No words can describe how good it is. The characters are very well-thought-out, be they a little surreal.
Something else that really fascinates be about Evangelion is how they manage to put in all of the religious background. Having the three computers named Melchior, Balthazar and Caspar, using Lancea Longini (the spear that was thrown at Jesus as he was crucified, correct me if I'm wrong) and them finding Adam are just a few of the links with Christianity.
Also, the animation is outstanding, and it is all very beautiful.
I thought Evangelion was the most moving and powerful story that has ever been made. It touches every aspect of life,and has just the right level of fantasy for it to be truly believable. If you have never seen it, then I strongly advise you to see it/read the manga, it's stunning.
BTW, what's the best episode?
I thought it was episode 14, which contains one of the most insightful revelations of Rei's character. It also contains Rei's 'poem'. This is one of the rare instances in Evangelion where Rei speaks alone and at length. In the poem, Rei creatively examines the places around her, the people near her, and the mysteries within her soul. Besides revealing how Rei thinks and perceives, the poem also shows that Rei is much more than an artificial or preprogrammed creation. Instead, Rei displays a genuine humanity as she struggles to understand her world and her self.
Caitlin :shock:
What's that up your nose?
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Magus » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:30 pm

I wouldn't know. I've never seen it. The selection of anime at Blockbuster leaves something to be desired while the prices at Suncoast do the same.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Dr_Love » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:09 pm

It's coming to Cartoonetwork finally, but i have yet to see any of it. Also so is Naruto...which i really think i can get into.
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Ranryu » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:42 pm

Evangelion is a pretty good anime. It holds a lot of turns that are some what predictable but still surprising when it happens.
I have seen every episode except for the final three.

Now I am a fan, but I have fount several other animes that ,if not equal it, then surpasses it in several different ways.
When in Doubt Reload and Repeat.

(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste bunny onto your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.
Ranryu
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Anime Trekker » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:19 pm

I LOVE EVA!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite pilot: Asuka Langely Sohryu

Reason: Did you see what she did in End of Evangelion!!!! She destroyed the entire UN force and shredded 9 mass produced EVA units in 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad the EVA's resurrected themselves and killed her.

Anyone want to bet that Cartoon Network will be editing a certain scene in episode 18?
"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame." -From Hellsing Ultimate

Please visit my Facebook page. (search under the name "Talya Marsh" if you cannot get there from the link)
Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Anime Trekker » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:49 pm

Is it just me or is Asuka the most suicidal pilot ever created for anime?
Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Dr_Love » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:55 pm

Personally not rally, no offense to anyone bu ti don't much like it...it's a gundam rip off.(EVA. prolly came out before gundam though lol just my luck)
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Re: Isn't Evangelion the best ever???

Postby Anime Trekker » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:57 pm

The problem I had with CN airing this series was the fact that they censored the hell out of it.
"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame." -From Hellsing Ultimate

Please visit my Facebook page. (search under the name "Talya Marsh" if you cannot get there from the link)
Anime Trekker
Site Regular
Site Regular

Re: Isn't Evangelion the best ever???

Postby Dexter » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:47 am

I think not , cause The bets is FMA ( full metal alchemist).
EVA is cool , but it is weird , and hard to understand. Too heavy for me :D
Dexter
Just Registered
Just Registered

Return to Anime