Good day,bad day...

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mornara »

I do hope you feel decent enough to even read or watch movies Evander! If not, just find something heavy and knock yourself out. I've discovered Hamlet works well for that...

Me? Too hard on myself? Nah, never! Not me!

Um, yes actually, I have been told that many a time. It is one of my weaknesses I am afraid, because nothing I ever have done or ever will do will be good enough. I will always fail in my own eyes, simply because it is not perfection. I was raised that way, and it is one of the characteristics of my personality as well.

That being said, I am trying to let go of this one. I am angry at what I can now see was complete manipulation. My other huge fault is that I always try and see only the best in people and what they could be, often overlooking what they are. I would sell my soul for my friends, and they know this. This one knew it and abused that. Unfortunately, she has served to make me even more wary of people. I made an exception to my own rules for her, and it will never happen again. I paid the price, and learned my lesson.
Ita Est

Mikira
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mikira »

Lessons can be hard to swallow at times. I feel I've had my share of lifes little (more like big) lessons. The hardest part is not to grow callous to other peoples needs. From the lessons I've had, I've learned how to say no more often, without regret.
God doesn't make mistakes.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Mornara, it is very sad that you tried so hard and she walked out. Perhaps she will find strength if she is responsible for herself. I hope so.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

We all learn from our experiences Mornara. You will also learn to value your self worth. No one is perfect Mornara so why would you expect that of yourself? We all have attributes that make us who we are, that make us interesting and unique. It is an amazing thing that out of the millions of people in the world, no two are exactly alike. Celebrate yourself!

Grand Evander
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Grand Evander »

I remember having a similar discussion back in the bar and grill thread awhile ago. Before you help someone, I think you should have some sort of limit set before you try to help, an understanding of how far you're willing to go before you start sacrificing too many of your values and your adversely affecting your self-image. When you find you're only attachment to a person is the fear that leaving them will result in them doing something destructive, then it's a bad situation.

HulloKitty202
New User
New User

Post by HulloKitty202 »

First of all, I hope I'm not intruding on your guys thread. I'm just the...new guy. Sort of.

I had a bad day. I was "supposed" to get highspeed internet yesterday and the guy who I talked to said between 1-5. Well, I waited between 1-5. No one showed up. Then, this morning, while walking to class, I get call saying that they had finally shown up! I raced back to my car, drove the 10 minutes from my school to my place and found that they had left a note on my door saying, essentially: We waited for five minutes and when you didnt answer our knocks we left. Please console yourself with the fact that you have to wade for an hour through piddlesome beaucracy to scheudle a new appointment and we wont be back for two weeks. Ciya!

Grrrrr...internet companies.

What else? Oh yeah, I was caught in the worst hailstorm I have ever seen in my life. Honestly, it was marble sized hail for at least an hour. I felt like some innocent neighbor from King's Carrie.

Ah, at least I spent dinner at my grandparents playing with my uncle's kids, 4 and 9. They can brighten anyday :D

Well, thats all. After reading your guys posts, I feel downright lucky though :D
"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present"
-Hobbes from "Calvin and Hobbes"

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Well hello there Newbie! :flower: Always nice to meet someone new. Hope you are enjoying our wonderful realm.

It always makes us feel better when we see that others have it worse than we do. Eventually you will have your high speed internet and all will be well. :D

Mikira
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mikira »

Kids do have a way to brighten a day. And don't worry, I'm positive you'll get your highspeed internet soon, since they want to start emptying your pockets for the privilege of using their services.
God doesn't make mistakes.

HulloKitty202
New User
New User

Post by HulloKitty202 »

Thanks! Yes, I hope to have highspeed soon. The people said the 27th so...only two weeks :?

I'll just have to embrace my last days of 56k!
"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present"
-Hobbes from "Calvin and Hobbes"

Grand Evander
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Grand Evander »

Wow, 56k... I've been using a T1 high-speed internet connection with ethernet for years now. I couldn't imagine going back to 56k dial up modems. I guess that really demonstrates my dependence on technology today, such that I would have withdrawal if I was reduced to a dial up modem.. how sad!

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

I've had high speed all along. I know myself too well. I just wouldn't have the patience for dial up. :lol:

Grand Evander
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Grand Evander »

Few would, Ariel... few would. Lately, though, my connection has been timing out and disconnecting prematurely. I turn on my computer, have internet for about 30 minutes, and then my computer suddenly decides it cannot locate the server... drives me nuts!