Trey of Diamonds
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Vendetta

Post by Trey of Diamonds »

Vendetta

PAGE ONE

PANEL ONE
To the left of the page, forming the left side border is a man walking down the sidewalk. He should be average, not bad looking but not memorable either. His clothing is hidden by an Australian duster. The duster is the authentic style with the leg ties that keep the sides attached to the leg. The man wears a western style slouch hat and western style boots. A modern cowboy or gunslinger. This is Vendetta

http://intl-business.com/store/images/A ... RK3001.jpg

Underneath Vendetta’s coat is a multitude of weapons.

• Fifteen clip nine millimeter pistol under each arm pit.
• Eighteen inch Bowie style knives positioned on the back with handles accessible from under the arms.
• Thin bladed knife in boot sheath sewn into boot lining of each boot.
• Throwing stars along the inside seam of the jacket, six on each side.
• Various darts, knives and small arms in the coat.

PANEL TWO
Vendetta is in a football uniform scoring a touchdown at a high school football game.

CAPTION THOUGHT: The name is Sherman, John Peter Sherman. In high school they called me Tank. That was a long time ago.

SFX OVER PA SYSTEM: Tank Scores again!

PANEL THREE
Crime scenes with bloody chalk outlines.

CAPTION THOUGHT: Now the newspapers call me a killer. They call me a predator and sometimes, a force of nature.

PANEL FOUR
A paper boy is holding up a newspaper with Vendetta as the headline.

CAPTION THOUGHT: But mostly, they just call me Vendetta.

PAPER BOY: Extra, Extra, Vendetta strikes again.

PAGE TWO

PANEL ONE
Protestors are marching outside a police precinct with signs that say “Vendetta Better Than Police”, “Vendetta for Mayor” and “Vendetta Hero”.

CAPTION THOUGHT: Some people call me hero though I don’t feel like one.

PANEL TWO
Vendetta is fighting with street thugs.

CAPTION THOUGHT: Sure, I’ve cleaned up a few streets, cleared out the drug dealers and pimps before moving on to continue my search.

PANEL THREE
Vendetta is questioning thoroughly beaten up hoodlums.

CAPTION THOUGHT: You see, I’m looking for something, something precious to me that was taken away.

PANEL FOUR
A desktop with a collection of crime scene photos showing various scenes of destruction.

CAPTION THOUGHT: The people don’t know that though. They just see the results of my search, the dead bodies, burned out drug labs and empty whore houses. So they call me a hero. Shows how much they know.

PAGE THREE

PANEL ONE
Flashback, Vendetta and his family walking from a park to a car.

CAPTION THOUGHT: Twenty years ago I was just a guy walking down the street with his family; John Sherman, wife Dianna and daughter Chelsea.

PANEL TWO
They are gunned down in a drive by. Show Vendetta covering the little girl.

CAPTION THOUGHT: We had just come from the park and were headed for the car when the sedan passed by spraying bullets at a group of kids in the park. The thing was we were between them and their targets. I covered my daughter with my body and felt the bullets hit me.

PANEL THREE
Vendetta is looking up at the man who is taking his daughter the figure is in silhouette with the sun behind him.

CAPTION THOUGHT: I could hear my daughter crying but things were getting dark. Someone rolled me off of Chelsea. I couldn’t see who it was and I passed out with my daughters cries in my ears.

SFX: Daddieeeeeee

PANEL FOUR
Vendetta is in a hospital bed, bandaged but not badly hurt.

CAPTION THOUGHT: When I woke up I was in a hospital and a doctor was there. He said my wife was dead and I was lucky to be alive.

PANEL FIVE
Vendetta attacks the doctor. A nurse is injecting him with a sedative.

CAPTION THOUGHT: When I asked about my daughter and he said there was no little girl. They had to sedate me to save his life.

PANEL SIX
Vendetta is leaving the hospital.

CAPTION THOUGHT: The bullets hadn’t done much damage. Once I recovered from the loss of blood I was released. Ever since then I’ve been looking for Chelsea.

PAGE FOUR

PANEL ONE
Vendetta dealing with drug dealers.

CAPTION THOUGHT: At first I had thought that the scum who had killed my wife had grabbed her. I started with the drug dealers who had been fighting a turf war with no care for who got caught in the cross fire.

PANEL TWO
A lot of dead bodies.

CAPTION THOUGHT: I killed a lot of them before deciding they weren’t the ones who had taken Chelsea.

PANEL THREE
A pimp is attacking Vendetta while a hooker runs screaming. Vendetta should be ready for the pimp, maybe smiling in anticipation.

CAPTION THOUGHT: Then I broadened my search, moving on to pimps and gangsters. I began to move around town, asking questions and killing anyone without an answer.

PANEL FOUR
Vendetta is hiding, waiting for some mobsters to get into position so he can spring a trap. One of the mobsters should be carrying a briefcase.

CAPTION THOUGHT: After a few years it became more about the killing than the questions. I still ask them from time to time but I had begun to despair of ever getting an answer.

PANEL FIVE
The mobsters are all dead and Vendetta looking into the briefcase full of money.

CAPTION THOUGHT: I kept on mostly because I had nothing else to do. I used the money I took off the drug dealers to live and kept my head down.

PANEL SIX
Vendetta is outside a large house with a walled yard.

CAPTION THOUGHT: Then I got a lead.

PAGE FIVE

PANEL ONE
Vendetta is going over the wall.

CAPTION THOUGHT: My searches had been focused on the mob and your standard drug dealers. I hadn’t thought to consider Yakuza, the Japanese Mob.

PANEL TWO
A young Kodama is dining with a mobster looking guy. Kodama is very well dressed.

CAPTION THOUGHT: Their influence in Chicago is limited but they occasionally come to town to wine and dine the Doms. Twenty years ago, a young Oyabun named Kodama had been in town, supposedly on vacation.

PANEL THREE
Kodama and Chelsea are sitting Japanese style at a low table, Chelsea is around three or four. Both are wearing traditional Japanese style clothing.

CAPTION THOUGHT: It seems that Kodama adopted a daughter not long after that visit, a white girl about three years old.

PANEL FOUR
Vendetta is creeping through the yard. There should be lots of plants and a Japanese rock garden in the center of the yard.

CAPTION THOUGHT: Kodama lives San Jose, California where he owns stock in several software companies that he uses to launder the profits from being the Kumicho, or Godfather, of all Yakuza west of the Mississippi.

PANEL FIVE
Chelsea is now a teenager, in martial arts training with Kodama.

CAPTION THOUGHT: After asking some more questions I found out he raised his adopted daughter to be his personal bodyguard. He called her Taka because of how tall she was.

PANEL SIX
Grownup, Chelsea is now Taka, fighting would be assassins.

CAPTION THOUGHT: Taka is said to have never been bested in combat except by Kodama himself. She has already killed dozens defending her master’s life and honor. Could she be my Chelsea? Only one way to find out.

PAGE SIX

PANEL ONE
Vendetta takes out two security guards with one of his large knives.

CAPTION THOUGHT: Kodama lives in a beautiful mansion. For security he relies on human guards rather than high tech gadgets. Not a good idea.

PANEL TWO
He takes out more security guards, picking up a Katana sword as he goes

PANEL THREE
He moves inside where four guards are lounging. The four all attack him and he kills them all.

CAPTION THOUGHT: His men are good, but I am better. There are only four left before anyone notices I am in the house. The last four try hard but they are soft, seeing more action in the practice room than on the street. The last one dies before the first one hits the floor.

PANEL FOUR
Vendetta is looking at the four bodies at his feet. Behind him we see Taka standing at a door.

CAPTION THOUGHT: Nothing left between me and Kodama, nothing except Taka.

PANEL FIVE
Vendetta and Taka face each other with swords.

CAPTION THOUGHT: I don’t know when she entered the room, maybe she was always there. I was focused on the four guards. Now she stands in front of a door. I suppose Kodama is behind it. I don’t care about him but she doesn’t know that. She only knows that I am a threat and I must die. Still, she does not move.

PANEL SIX
Vendetta takes a step forward, sword lowered to appear non-threatening.

VENDETTA: You are the one they call Taka?

TAKA: I am Taka.

VENDETTA: Can we talk? I have to talk to you

TAKA: I have found that the only thing a dead man must do is bleed.

PAGE SEVEN

PANEL ONE
Another step forward, arms spread.

VENDETTA: I only ask for a few minutes. I don’t care about Kodama. I only want to talk to you.

TAKA: I don’t believe you, you came to kill the Kumicho. I am here to stop you.

PANEL TWO
Show Vendetta ducking down and Taka’s sword flashing through the air.

CAPTION THOUGHT: The movement was so fast it was beyond belief. One moment she is in front of the door the next her sword is cutting the air above my head where my neck had just been.

PANEL THREE
Sword play between Vendetta and Taka.

PANEL FOUR
Vendetta throws a knife left handed.

PANEL FIVE
Taka blocks it easily.

PANEL SIX
Taka slams her sword home into his chest.

PAGE EIGHT

PANEL ONE
As Vendetta dies he looks into her eyes. It is the closest he has been to her. Show Taka with wide eyes as she hears what Vendetta says.

VENDETTA: It’s ok Sugarbear, I forgive you. I love you.

PANEL TWO
Taka suddenly remembers the day her father died. Flashback to a younger Kodama picking up Chelsea as Vendetta lies bleeding.

VENDETTA WEAKLY: Sugarbear…

PANEL THREE
The door behind her opens and Kodama comes in the room. Taka looks at him over her shoulder with eyes narrowed.

PANEL FOUR
Kodama approaches Vendetta’s body.

KODAMA: Is he dead Taka?

TAKA: Yes Oyabun, he is dead.

KODAMA: I wonder who sent him.

TAKA: No one sent him, he came on his own.

KODAMA: He spoke to you?

PANEL FIVE
Taka is staring hard at Kodama who is kneeling at Vendetta’s body.

TAKA: He tried but I would not listen. Now he is dead. My father is dead.

KODAMA: Your father? But I am alright, he didn’t touch me.

PANEL SIX
Taka’s sword flashes through the air and Kodama’s head goes flying, a surprised look on his face.

PAGE NINE

PANEL ONE
Show Chelsea fighting with the Yakuza for Kodama.

CAPTION THOUGHT: My name is Chelsea Sherman. The Kumicho of the Yakuza called me Taka but that was a long time ago.

PANEL TWO
Show Chelsea standing next to the bodies of her two fathers.

CAPTION THOUGHT: My father called me Sugarbear but that was a long time ago too.

PANEL THREE
Show Chelsea fighting drug dealers, mobsters and thugs.

CAPTION THOUGHT: Now the newspapers just call me Vendetta.

PANEL FOUR
Final panel should look like the first with Taka walking down a street instead of Vendetta. She should be dressed just like Vendetta had been in an Australian duster.

Fin
<> <> <> Trey of Diamonds <> <> <>
Traffic and Logistics Manager
Visionary Comics Studio
Creator of Mamluk and Cyra
http://www.comicspace.com/trey/

Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Talon Sinnah »

Very nice.

Everything I like, sad, ironic and dark.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-