speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Fallout 3

Sci-Fi and Fantasy games are some of the most popular on the market. Drop in to talk about your favorites from video games to role playing games.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Fallout 3

Postby Loxley » Wed May 09, 2007 4:12 am

I just got stuck on Bethesda's forum for Fallout 3. I'm not sure what to think. Part of me wants to have a game like the old ones, and part is prepared for another form of the game....though I'll hunt them down and kick their asses if they make a post-Apoc Oblivion.

Anyway, what do you think? Will they screw Fallout 3 up, or will they make it what Van Buren should have been?
Celtic - An alternate history RP

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter
Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby aldan » Thu May 10, 2007 9:35 am

That's a question to ask. Of course, just because the style's different, won't necessarily mean that the quality will be lower. If they keep the humour and feel of the game similar, even if they change the playing perspective or whatnot, then that will help it somewhat, I'd think. The first Fallout was one of the all-time greats, though, without a doubt.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Loxley » Thu May 10, 2007 9:45 am

Yeah. I hope they keep the talking faces. Myron was so great (to shoot). :lol: But seriously, I wouldn't mind Fallout in first person. Then again, I wouldn't mind it in isometric, either. As long as they don't try to make another Oblivion, which in my opinion is a soul-less sandbox. 8) But isometric works well - from the pictures I saw of Van Buren, I think that could have been a great game.

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter
Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Loxley » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:31 am

So, anyone else tried to get into Bethesda's webpage? 8) I do believe that the FIFTEEN threads the Fallout-fans wrote in expectation for the teaser scheduled to be released, actually CRASHED the server today. :D I know, I shouldn't laugh at it, but I can't help to ask myself if Bethesda knew what they were going into when they bought the license for Fallout 3... :roll:

Loxley's blog

Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Fallout 3

Postby Daoff » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:52 am

I like this game very much)
Daoff
Just Registered
Just Registered

Return to Games