speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

For fans of trashy, thrashy proto hardcore punk music

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

For fans of trashy, thrashy proto hardcore punk music

Postby kingbtd » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:19 am

Well, here it is, the ultimate X-mas present for people who want to damage their mental facilities with loud, trashy, poorly recorded music. Alona Dream Records (in Chicago) is in the process of releasing a CD and vinyl record (different colors available) of Negative Element. I, myself, am not much of a fan of hardcore punk, but I did play drums in this proto-hardcore band from 1980 thru 1983. We were on a label, Version Sound Records, and did do some touring at the time -- in 1980 I was only thirteen and the singer was only twelve. The recording for this new release was provided by Jay Younger of White Zombie -- he found our first demo tape in an box containing hundreds of other tape recordings from that era. I wouldn't say Jay and I are friends, but we do know each other. He's friends with the other members of Negative Element. If you know any collectors of this type of music, please send them this link. (Alona Dream Records also releases other types of music from relatively unknown bands or performers. This is to say that I and the other band members are not receiving royalties from these records, and I'm only passing this on because Alona Dream Records does cool stuff.) https://alonasdreamrecords.bandcamp.com ... -1982-1983

For something more Holidayish, you can hear my nine finger rendition of the Peanuts theme song, and see my boys being very "Peanuts-like". Cherry Holidays from across the pond, Keith [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAXGNneRobU[/youtube]
kingbtd
New User
New User

Re: For fans of trashy, thrashy proto hardcore punk music

Postby Ariel » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:32 am

Sorry, haven't had time to check this out yet. Do they have any vids on youtube. I tend to get lost in youtube land listening to music or watching movies and other things.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:36 pm

Welcome to SV anna
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Bmat » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:55 am

Sorry that "Anna" had to be eliminated, Talon. It had a pretty clever way of inserting ads in its posts.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 pm

Oh well another one bites the dust
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Bmat » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:56 am

Yeah. :(
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:06 pm

Yep I've been advertising the site through the nerd grapevine but no one has taken up my suggestion yet

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Return to Off Topic Conversations