Welcome to the new forums!

Feedback and suggestions for Speculative Vision. This is also where we make site announcements.

Moderator: Bmat

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the new forums!

Post by The Master »

Please let us know how you like the new forums, anything from looks to function. If there are topics you think we should create please let us know.

We intend to retain the old forums for an indefinite period of time as archives. Nevertheless, we HIGHLY suggest that you create duplicate posts here of anything you want to keep "permanently" as the old forums may need to be purged when space constraints demand it.

We would again like to extend our apologies for the recent glitches on the old forum. I hope that this one will prove to be more stable :D

Enjoy!
Last edited by The Master on Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mogget1
New User
New User

Post by Mogget1 »

It is a fine forum, though the face looks a bit busy. There are too many buttons I think, and are you going to change the entire site's theme to match or will you keep the classic colours?

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Master »

The entire site will be changing to sorta match :lol: . Forums are, well, limited in what you can do for customizing them without massive changing of files that end up getting replaced as soon as you have to upgrade to a new version (like when some hacker finds a security hole). I looked at probably 100 themes before deciding on this one. I intend for the new site to be white/light backgroud based with blue accents, so this fits the general direction I am going.

Final appearance of the forum may change some or it may not depending on what I come up with for a final design for the "static" part of the site. With yet more errors on the old forum getting this up and running as fast as possible was the main priority...I can always tweak the appearance later.

Member comments on what you would like to see in the way of the design are always considered :)

Neurolanis

Post by Neurolanis »

I love the new look! It's great! It'll take a little getting used to, but well done! :D

Neurolanis2

Yey

Post by Neurolanis2 »

Neurolanis is back! lol.

And all ready I boo-booed! I was a guest Neurolanis now I can't post as Neurolanis as a member! Can the guest Neurolanis be deleted?? :oops:

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Master »

Hmm...don't know lol. I didn't know it would block a name based on a guest post. I only left this forum guest usable so anyone can comment on the site, all other forums need registration. I guess that was a bad idea :(

Let me see what I can do.

Qray

Post by Qray »

A nice looking place. Many thanks for providing it and the last one so that we all have a place to post and play.

Being able to have the rest of the thread in a scrollable frame on the same page as the reply/edit reply frame is a great feature.

Question...is it possible to upload an avatar? The selection provided is both vast and varied, but I used to have an avatar at a Site sometime past and it is very distinctive to me. :twisted:

It'd be nice to dig it up and use it again if it were possible.

Thanks again for the Site.

(Q)

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Master »

Neurolanis I'm showing an actual registered user by that name...did you get it to work? If not I can delete that user so you can try again.

Qray, I am not allowing avatar uploads just yet. I have seen some pretty offensive avatars uploaded on boards before so I'm not sure its something I want to deal with (not that yours would be offensive, just saying in general). For now we are going with the gallery, I may enable uploading later.

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

Maybe you could allow avatar uploads for longstanding members? That could help insure a lacking of offensive ones.

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Master »

You know what, I allow avatar uploads and disable it if it becomes a problem. Uploading only though, no remote linking to images.

Avatars must be 6144 bytes or less, and no larger than 70x70 pixels.

You should be able to upload them via your profile now...unless I did something wrong :geek:

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

I was wondering if you could make Anime it's own subtopic under "Forum" like T.V and Movies already are. Because, anime as itself encompasses both television shows as well as motion picture and so doesn't fully belong in either and should be apart from them.

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Master »

Oops...had one when I was working on mock up, guess I forgot to put it back in the final.

Anime forum added.